Low seat

unicycler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone any experience with the comfort of the low seat?

Is it bearable?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I had a Kehado low seat on my 1200 GSA 9 years, got used to it 3000 miles over 1 trip was ok, with my new 1250 GSA I have the rear setting on low and the front setting on high, stops me sliding forward. I’d like to try a different type though.

Anyone any experience with the comfort of the low seat?

Is it bearable?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm on my 3rd factory lowered LC GS so I guess the answer is yes it's bearable, for me at least. How far do you intend riding each time you're going out on it? If you intend riding large mileages every day then you'll probably get a numb bum. I normally manage a couple of hours before I start to suffer and have a gell seat pad I put on top of it if I intend going more than a couple of hundred miles in a day.

I’ve had 2 BMW low seats, the first was on my 2012 GS and the second is on my 2015 GS. I find them fine, and no numb bum.

I bought a air something or other for a trip to the Picos, but took it off before I got there as I found it uncomfortable. On the way back I rode over 700 miles just with the low seat on in one day, with temperatures ranging from 20 C to the lower 40s C. I got home at 11 at night, absolutely knacked, but no sore bum.

my last bike was lowered but i went with standard seat. New bike coming but want to keep bike standard now and go with low seat option as heights should be same for both on low setting/low seat

I ditched my low seat as worse than the discomfort of the seat issue was the reduced legroom when sat on the bike after 30 minutes or so. I kept shifting about to get more comfortable so sold the low seat and went back tho the standard one. With arthritis in both knees, I've got used to it being a bit of a stretch on the GSA for the extra comfort you get on a ride with the standard seat giving a bit more leg room. That to me mattered more than the squishy nature of the GSA saddle. I've sat in it for 5 hours before now with only slight discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom