Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1250GS, how reliable are they actually?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonbaker View Post
    Just over 9000k on my 2018 1250hp, never had any problems.

9'000'000 miles wow !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    I’ve never heard of another brand that needs complete engine changes , and it seems more than one on some bikes !
    Due to a bit of corrosion.

Better than leaking fuel systems running the risk of the bike going up in flames when riding...

Lots of people rate them but most change every couple of 3 years. some will say no probs in 9 or 10k miles, well fuck me side ways the bike has not had a major service yet.

If you are going to change in a 2 or 3 years you will be ok with warranty. Want reliability Japanese all the way. BMW are clever most people change at 3 years lots on pcp.
    Bike goes back into Dealership and sold with 2 years more warranty. After that the bike very rarely sees a dealership so liability diminished. So in imho bikes are designed to last 5 years that includes quality of paint. Modern bikes are full of electronics and once they hit 5 years electronics will be expensive to repair. BMW want you to change your bike every 3 years - again very clever.

My next bike will be a T700 or 1200 Tenere and a basic one at that. Most bikes that are 20 years old are usually quite basic.

20 years ago bikes were basic anyway 👍

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Regarding Triumphs

Ive recently come back from a camping trip which unknown me before i arrived, was hosting a Triumph owners club.
    I remarked to one of them, how come a lot of you are riding bikes that are not Triumphs
    His reply.... "cos they're shit now"
    that opinion was shared by most i spoke too, they break down and rust apparently?

personally ive never bought one, however i was looking for a new bike and did actually like the look of the Tiger... it put me off
    If a Triumph lover no longer likes them......

Quote Originally Posted by stever1 View Post
    9'000'000 miles wow !!!!!!!!!!
    That will teach me to read what i have typed. 9000 miles and i should have kept my mouth shut. Engine management light came on the other day, flappy valve sticking, booked in for new exhaust next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonbaker View Post
    That will teach me to read what i have typed. 9000 miles and i should have kept my mouth shut. Engine management light came on the other day, flappy valve sticking, booked in for new exhaust next Tuesday.
    What was the message on the TFT ? As for the flappy valve thing “ they alll do that sir”.

Only message on the was engine management fault and to ride to nearest dealer. North Oxford BMW diagnosed the problem. Had the flappy valve removed from my last Gs, but as this one is still in warranty I haven't touched it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123