Suit dilemma...

Gregd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, so I’m in the market for a new suit and ‘think’ I have whittled it down to 3 as follows

1) Halvarssons Walkyr Jacket and Wish pants circa £840

2) BMW Tourshell suite circa £525

3) Richa infinity Pro 2 and Colorado 2 pants circa £450

All are of a laminate construction Which is what I’m looking for as I ride all year round and have lighter gear for really hot days ().

What I can’t seem to work out is whether the Tourshell comes with a thermal detachable liner or not????

So my question to you is, given the choice which would you go for and why? Please no Klim/Rukka suggestions as these are out of my budget.

Cheers.

Tourshell does come with a detachable thermal liner.

Mine started to leak a little after about a 18 months, not impressed, its consigned to the back of the cupboard now.

P.S. Tourshell is still too hot for really hot days.

We've just bought 2 x Streeetguard suits and riding from the north east to Suffolk on Monday in what could only be described as biblical rain I can safely say these suits are good in the rain. They also have good ventilation on warm days and are not too heavy and stiff like some other laminates. I would personally recommend them and you can pick a suit up for £850 from BMW dealers at the mo. By the way, the BMW 2 in 1 gloves were also exceptional in keeping my hands warm and dry. Best Goretex glove I've ever used.

Yes the tourshell jacket has a thermal liner which can actually be worn on its own as a lightweight casual jacket when touring if travelling light when needed.
My tourshell is the best value and best performing bike suit I have ever bought.
It is too hot for continental summer riding but bloody brilliant for most of the UK weather year.
The jacket vent zips work. None on the trousers though.
Massive BMW comfy armour.
I have worn mine in many a Scottish downpour and the water just beads off it.
Never crashed in it - but hey ho !!

The bmw 2 in 1 gloves are made by Held, with slight more ventilation, and are cheaper at Motorrad.

Yes cheaper !!!

Something to consider, friend has bought his daughter an Oxford jacket which is also a laminate, don't know which model.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ok, so I’m in the market for a new suit and ‘think’ I have whittled it down to 3 as follows

1) Halvarssons Walkyr Jacket and Wish pants circa £840

2) BMW Tourshell suite circa £525

3) Richa infinity Pro 2 and Colorado 2 pants circa £450

All are of a laminate construction Which is what I’m looking for as I ride all year round and have lighter gear for really hot days (��).

What I can’t seem to work out is whether the Tourshell comes with a thermal detachable liner or not????

So my question to you is, given the choice which would you go for and why? Please no Klim/Rukka suggestions as these are out of my budget.

Cheers.

is this a duplicate of the face book page post?

I have the Halvarssons combination, and after 18 months, love it. Proper waterproof and now I know how the thermal liner works (you have to pre heat it) think it is a bargain for the price I paid, which was iro £600 in M and P sale.

There are a few negatives to it though.
1st being the sizing. You will definitely need to try it on, as it appears to be built for lanky Sweeds. The Wish pants come in three leg lengths, so you should be able to get ones that fit in length, and my waist sizing is pretty spot on. However, the Walkyr jacket is a bit baggy around the middle and waste, compared to the shoulders. I am normally a 54 to 56, but ended up with a 58.
2nd is the Velcro on the front main zip flap. The hook side is on the left side, so if the jacket is open, the Velcro tends to snag on my tee shirt or fleece. No major drama, but have ended up with a few fluffy technical shirts now!
3rd is the jacket vents. They could do with being a bit bigger

Those issues aside, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom