Nav 5 functions when used on a K1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I use my Nav 5 on my 1200 GSLC it gives the full range of functions via the wonder wheel but when the same unit is put onto a K1600 (2011 model) it only shows limited info.

Can anyone tell me if there is different functionality on different bikes please?
The nav works perfectly on the GS and as expected in a car cradle, so I'm trying to establish if it's purely the older bike that is the issue.
Thanks

The 1600 shows less functions. I know that, as I own one. I also used to own an XR, which enabled more functions.

Thanks Wapping, I was hoping you might be able to enlighten me.
The chap whose bike we plugged it into was keen to have the full screen showing the speed but we couldn't get that feature to work.

There is a "safe driving mode" which if ticked will disable many functions on the nave system, this is possible picked up by the bike you trying? I have a nav 5 and a 2014 K1600 and I have most functions like zoom, page etc from the wheel and everything from the screen, but as said, you can tick a box to disable most of this whiole on the go. have a search in the sub menus for it, it is there.

There is a "safe driving mode" which if ticked will disable many functions on the nave system, this is possible picked up by the bike you trying? I have a nav 5 and a 2014 K1600 and I have most functions like zoom, page etc from the wheel and everything from the screen, but as said, you can tick a box to disable most of this whiole on the go. have a search in the sub menus for it, it is there.

Thanks. We had that disabled.

Which functions don't you have? It should work fine.

There is a change from the Euro3 to the Euro4 models - I think I remember it picks some functions like lean angle etc up from the Can-bus on and doesn't have access on earlier models?

Which functions don't you have? It should work fine.

There is a change from the Euro3 to the Euro4 models - I think I remember it picks some functions like lean angle etc up from the Can-bus on and doesn't have access on earlier models?

11 plate bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom