You want to ride in the Dakar with a professional team ? here's your chance

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In my tomorrow's edition (23rd Sep) at 07:00 AM (CET) you'll find one pro team looking for an amateur rider, all expenses paid !!

Don't get your hopes up, there are a lot of candidates, and though their rules don't mention it, I'd say at the very least you'll need to speak French, and probably need to live in France.

But it's the opportunity of a life-time !!

Tune in tomorrow morning Paris time.....

judge said:
Ah well you're in luck then cos Uncle Albert once went on a course to learn French :D

Sorry, I think they mean "talk" French... not the other stuff ... :D

Mike Werner said:
In my tomorrow's edition (23rd Sep) at 07:00 AM (CET) you'll find one pro team looking for an amateur rider, all expenses paid !!

Don't get your hopes up, there are a lot of candidates, and though their rules don't mention it, I'd say at the very least you'll need to speak French, and probably need to live in France.

But it's the opportunity of a life-time !!

Tune in tomorrow morning Paris time.....

Don't learn to speak french , you will lose the ability to fight ! Oh and wash as well . :dabone

Dakar 2006

You need to be over 18 and have held a full bike licence for more than 2 years
You must be an amateur with a licence from the Federation Francaise de moto
You must have sound knowledge of bike mechanics and navigation
The desert must appeal to you riding with our riders supported by 15 highly qualified technicians
You must not have previosuly parcipated in any Dakar nor African Rally
You are not on the Dakar 2006 list
You must be available between 27/12/05 and 16/01/06

To apply:

From 5th September, you must apply to www.euromaster.fr and www.mutant.fr
Send the completed application with letter of motivation/stating your interest/reasons for wanting to be picked to the address on the form by 30/09/05 latest -
A jury will select 15 candidates and will meet with them on a test day where there will be 5 specific tests to do with navigation.mechanics.bike test, physical aptitude/fitness and an interview with the panel.

In haste but there you have the info- :cool:

A propo Mike - ca te dis d'y aller en prenant le temps? envoi un 'e'!
Salut!

Back
Top Bottom