Microsoft office

Like Mr. Bean I got Office 2019 off of Amazon several months ago - bought two licences for £10 each and both have worked on seperate PCs perfectly since then.

Did it take to to Official Microsoft site ? a friend bought one from eBay and it took you some other website to register and messed up his pc , have you got a link :beerjug:

Just be careful which "third party" offering you use some will be volume version and some may offer their own link to a modified version of the installation file.If you do go that route make sure its the direct Microsoft install file your using.

Did it take to to Official Microsoft site ? a friend bought one from eBay and it took you some other website to register and messed up his pc , have you got a link :beerjug:

Yes - I was sent a mail with a link to download the Office 19 ISO direct from MS, but I actually had it already. Just installed and used the licence key I was provided with and it activated as expected. Just checked Amazon now and can't see what I bought and the link in my orders goes nowhere! Still, even if it does go pearshaped, at £10 a pop it's not the end of the world. Searching for a licence on Amazon throws up some results around £40 - I'd avoid any that send a USB drive as you can't be sure what's on it. HTH.

Ok thanks that’s what I was worried about i was looking for a recommendation of one someone had used ��

Why does she ‘need’ MS Office rather than one of the better/cheaper/free alternatives?

She has been working for accounts for last 15 years and using there own systems , now looking for new job and they use Microsoft office so was going to download some courses and get up to speed with the systems she will be using 👍

She has been working for accounts for last 15 years and using there own systems , now looking for new job and they use Microsoft office so was going to download some courses and get up to speed with the systems she will be using ��

don't assume that any organisation will be using the latest version of anything. I work in local government. My laptop has only just been upgraded to Windows 10 but when I connect to our network I am running a virtual session on the mainframe using an earlier version of windows and the 2010 version of Office!

This virtual network won't run any of the video conferencing suites we use so I have to switch back to the Win 10 on the laptop to use the Citrix stuff for phone calls, webinars and video conferencing.

This just came up in YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_RDxU7l05Nw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Basic free versions of Microsoft office are available online with a little bit of cloud storage thrown in.

I got caught out when I upgraded my Mac OS the other day and my personal copies of excel etc stopped working. So needing a quick fix am trying out the free on line excel. It’s supposed to be a more basic version but does everything I need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Over the years we have tried a few "cheap" alternatives. for obvious reasons we can't use pirated or E bay versions etc

Experience has taught me that it is better to spend the money and have the right thing

Office 365 and the latest desktop version work hand in hand and cause no problems. for us it just works and although not the cheapest way a problem half way through a job is more expensive than paying for the correct software

Same goes for Adobe acrobat, yes there are cheaper versions out there but .....

Over the years we have tried a few "cheap" alternatives. for obvious reasons we can't use pirated or E bay versions etc

Experience has taught me that it is better to spend the money and have the right thing

Office 365 and the latest desktop version work hand in hand and cause no problems. for us it just works and although not the cheapest way a problem half way through a job is more expensive than paying for the correct software

Same goes for Adobe acrobat, yes there are cheaper versions out there but .....

I've got to say thsat, over the years, this is exactly the conclusion I have come to when it comes to software (and a lot of other stuff TBH), you get what you pay for and I just want an easy life, I can't be arsed anymore with stuff that doesn't quite work......... Like Beksey above, I got caught out when I updated my OS and my personal copies of the Office suite stopped working so, despite hating the idea of subscription services and having resisted for as long as I could, I signed up to the full Office 365 suite.
I use it mostly for work but also personal stuff and it just works, no drama :)

Andres

The free alternatives to Office are actually great, use them on other machines (e.g. laptop) and they work well. Office 365 seems to get renamed quite often now due to it's outages - Office 360, Office 355, etc. ;)

The free alternatives to Office are actually great, use them on other machines (e.g. laptop) and they work well. Office 365 seems to get renamed quite often now due to it's outages - Office 360, Office 355, etc. ;)

Until recently, when it changed it's name to Microsoft 365 it has, as far as I'm aware, always been called Office 365. At least it has for the 5 years or more that I've been using it. :nenau

The accountants changed the subscription base to a monthly paid service ,last year if memory serves. If you work for a large company you can see if they are registered for the Home use programme ,though even this has changed recently from a small amount for a download of the install DVD with free updates to only a discount on the full monthly subscription price

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/home-use-program/resources

If you do require Microsoft office but are able to work with an older version say 2016, there are still licensed single PC installs available.

As with all Microsoft software there are varying versions of Office with more apps the more is paid in subscriptions

10a19368cc1dda5017534d5a7a2c8bd2.png

Until recently, when it changed it's name to Microsoft 365 it has, as far as I'm aware, always been called Office 365. At least it has for the 5 years or more that I've been using it. :nenau

WHOOSH! :blast

The accountants changed the subscription base to a monthly paid service ,last year if memory serves. If you work for a large company you can see if they are registered for the Home use programme ,though even this has changed recently from a small amount for a download of the install DVD with free updates to only a discount on the full monthly subscription price

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/home-use-program/resources

If you do require Microsoft office but are able to work with an older version say 2016, there are still licensed single PC installs available.

As with all Microsoft software there are varying versions of Office with more apps the more is paid in subscriptions

10a19368cc1dda5017534d5a7a2c8bd2.png

I'm using Office 2019 Professional on my home laptop - cost about £20. However, can not be transferred to another machine, but at £20?

Attachments

• Office.PNG
    Office.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 90

OK, I missed the joke, I was thrown by the outages statement, I wasn't aware that Office 365 had been subject to them, but then I don't use the on-line version (in fact I'd forgotten it even exists) the subscription version works perfectly well.

I'm using Office 2019 Professional on my home laptop - cost about £20. However, can not be transferred to another machine, but at £20?

Yea one of those "specials" that supposed to be sold with an OEM system not on its own,its a dark web of licensing legalese with these.
https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ offers a few options for various software in a similar manner.

Back
Top Bottom