Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft office

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    365 is yearly subscription needs to use excel word and PowerPoint
    if your not using the latest version of ppt. you are more than likely going to have serious compatability issues when you come to present, MS products are renowned for forgetting fonts, images and tables if the machine can't workout which version you got it's like russian roulette...

spread sheets not so much but.. there's issues with it all...

office 365 also give you a shared drive, collaborative workflows, (which you can also use by mixinf it with google drive)

if buy some old crap bit of patchy software the real way forward..?

Next you could say that leeches cure headaches... or instead of reading news you going to ask the runes from a weather update, who needs maps in the olds you just went off and at some point you'd comeback...

but then each to their own

perhaps you could have bought her an etch a sketch I'm told they can be used to create very life like pieces of art...

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-IQ View Post
    if your not using the latest version of ppt. you are more than likely going to have serious compatability issues when you come to present, MS products are renowned for forgetting fonts, images and tables if the machine can't workout which version you got it's like russian roulette...

spread sheets not so much but.. there's issues with it all...

office 365 also give you a shared drive, collaborative workflows, (which you can also use by mixinf it with google drive)

if buy some old crap bit of patchy software the real way forward..?

Next you could say that leeches cure headaches... or instead of reading news you going to ask the runes from a weather update, who needs maps in the olds you just went off and at some point you'd comeback...

but then each to their own

perhaps you could have bought her an etch a sketch I'm told they can be used to create very life like pieces of art...
    So you are saying 365 or nothing ??

Like Mr. Bean I got Office 2019 off of Amazon several months ago - bought two licences for £10 each and both have worked on seperate PCs perfectly since then.

So you are saying 365 or nothing ??
    not really I use google docs with clients as it's a live collaborative document, and means you don't end up with mulitple different copies in circulation or different versions modified by the software which affects formatting. I also use open office/ Apache which is like MS office but has a few quirks the problem is simple either you live in a connected workflow with others and it finding a common path for all or your isolated with some issues to over come...

if isolation works for you why bother with a computer..?

pen and paper is safer and won't need updating every 5 mins...

Quote Originally Posted by arealhuman View Post
    Like Mr. Bean I got Office 2019 off of Amazon several months ago - bought two licences for £10 each and both have worked on seperate PCs perfectly since then.
    Did it take to to Official Microsoft site ? a friend bought one from eBay and it took you some other website to register and messed up his pc , have you got a link

Just be careful which "third party" offering you use some will be volume version and some may offer their own link to a modified version of the installation file.If you do go that route make sure its the direct Microsoft install file your using.
    Caution : May stop suddenly

Did it take to to Official Microsoft site ? a friend bought one from eBay and it took you some other website to register and messed up his pc , have you got a link
    Yes - I was sent a mail with a link to download the Office 19 ISO direct from MS, but I actually had it already. Just installed and used the licence key I was provided with and it activated as expected. Just checked Amazon now and can't see what I bought and the link in my orders goes nowhere! Still, even if it does go pearshaped, at £10 a pop it's not the end of the world. Searching for a licence on Amazon throws up some results around £40 - I'd avoid any that send a USB drive as you can't be sure what's on it. HTH.

Ok thanks that’s what I was worried about i was looking for a recommendation of one someone had used ��

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    Why does she ‘need’ MS Office rather than one of the better/cheaper/free alternatives?
    She has been working for accounts for last 15 years and using there own systems , now looking for new job and they use Microsoft office so was going to download some courses and get up to speed with the systems she will be using 👍

I have used these guys before just be aware the download link is there own but I have not had any security issues with them to date but do take the time to read the small print about the offer as each may differ
    https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/search.ph...office&x=0&y=0

She has been working for accounts for last 15 years and using there own systems , now looking for new job and they use Microsoft office so was going to download some courses and get up to speed with the systems she will be using ��
    don't assume that any organisation will be using the latest version of anything. I work in local government. My laptop has only just been upgraded to Windows 10 but when I connect to our network I am running a virtual session on the mainframe using an earlier version of windows and the 2010 version of Office!

This virtual network won't run any of the video conferencing suites we use so I have to switch back to the Win 10 on the laptop to use the Citrix stuff for phone calls, webinars and video conferencing.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Ok thanks that’s what I was worried about i was looking for a recommendation of one someone had used ��
    The seller I used on Amazon was "Buckley Pro".

This just came up in YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Cook1e View Post
    This just came up in YouTube
    Yes the online version is free but you need an internet connection to use it

Basic free versions of Microsoft office are available online with a little bit of cloud storage thrown in.

I got caught out when I upgraded my Mac OS the other day and my personal copies of excel etc stopped working. So needing a quick fix am trying out the free on line excel. It’s supposed to be a more basic version but does everything I need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Over the years we have tried a few "cheap" alternatives. for obvious reasons we can't use pirated or E bay versions etc

Experience has taught me that it is better to spend the money and have the right thing

Office 365 and the latest desktop version work hand in hand and cause no problems. for us it just works and although not the cheapest way a problem half way through a job is more expensive than paying for the correct software

Same goes for Adobe acrobat, yes there are cheaper versions out there but .....
    No one nods at me cos they think I'm a Cnut

Bear is never right

Norfolk Tiger can fuck off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast