What tyres?

I’m with stick on the anakeee adventures.
I put PR5’s on, and much prefer them. I will try the continental TA3’s next i think.

I don’t ride the GS off road, so pure road tyre for me.

do you find the road 5s noisy ?

I have them on my 1200GS LC and find the front very noisy, I thought it was engine noise initially but if I ride over large white lines it goes silent momentarily, its very irritating. I am not too sure if my tall screen is amplifying the noise.

certainly couldn't complain about the grip although they dont last long.

I had Conti Road attack 3s on my 1150gs and they were silent and again couldn't complain about the grip.

I will be moving back to these after my pr5s are done.

Conti Trail Attack 3's

I found the Anakee Adventures slid around on dry and especially wet roads, so replaced them with Conti Trail Attack 3's. The difference for fast road riding is like night and day - the TA3's grip superbly with plenty of feedback :beerjug: I'm not sure about the longevity though as mine are also looking slightly fried after a couple of thousand miles, although I ride two-up all the time :p

I'll be changing to Road 5's at some point, the BT A41's feel just fine though, and due to the profile I'm pretty much at the edge of them, which for me is unusual lol

do you find the road 5s noisy ?

I have them on my 1200GS LC and find the front very noisy, I thought it was engine noise initially but if I ride over large white lines it goes silent momentarily, its very irritating. I am not too sure if my tall screen is amplifying the noise.

certainly couldn't complain about the grip although they dont last long.

I had Conti Road attack 3s on my 1150gs and they were silent and again couldn't complain about the grip.

I will be moving back to these after my pr5s are done.

i had Anakee 3 on my old bike and they were very noisy, changed for Road 5' and they were very quiet in comparison. Therefore maybe some tyres wind noise just resonates at some bikes worst frequency !!

Review not say this at all, review very good, maybe you to heavy load.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/247377/metzeler-roadtec-01-tire-review-dr-moto-review/

Not over weight at all , they just squirm , i even tried 2 sets and just could not live with the way they felt on the GS ( not RT) . The grip was great , feel was good but... this is the big but, they just felt awful on the front , like i have said before , to wet orientated .

Spoke to Metz direct and ran at correct pressures etc. One up they were okay ( but still squirmy and you could ride thro it but felt I should not have to) two up bloody awful , almost ruined a Euro trip as braking even down hill into bends was like I had a front flat or low pressure. I tried all sorts , pressure changes etc , no use. If I could have changed the set on route I would have but did not wish to ruin the trip , so i just backed off . Came back , binned them.
The TA3 you can thro anything at them as they just perform , no matter what , and they last up to 3k (set) , perfect for me.

Try the Avon Storm 3D XM. Sport touring tyre. I use them on my R1200RS, ride all year incl. winter commuting, trips to Spain. On my second set. Last 7500-8000 miles. Cheap as well, £190 fitted to the bike at Protyre in Gloucester (newer Spirit ST has replaced them).

I agree,used these tyres on my BCR for some time, just put a pair on my Crosstourer (110/80 R19 150/70 R17) too :thumb2

Not over weight at all , they just squirm , i even tried 2 sets and just could not live with the way they felt on the GS ( not RT) . The grip was great , feel was good but... this is the big but, they just felt awful on the front , like i have said before , to wet orientated .

Spoke to Metz direct and ran at correct pressures etc. One up they were okay ( but still squirmy and you could ride thro it but felt I should not have to) two up bloody awful , almost ruined a Euro trip as braking even down hill into bends was like I had a front flat or low pressure. I tried all sorts , pressure changes etc , no use. If I could have changed the set on route I would have but did not wish to ruin the trip , so i just backed off . Came back , binned them.
The TA3 you can thro anything at them as they just perform , no matter what , and they last up to 3k (set) , perfect for me.

Yes I see now why, no HWM for GS size. :okay

What about the Continental Road Attacks... Anyone used them?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom