What tyres?

What about the Continental Road Attacks... Anyone used them?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not as good as the TA3 , found them to be slow steering on the front as the profile is more rounded compared to the TA3 , grip good but found they made the bike lazy , so at times pushing on the bars was extreme to get the bugger round at speed , good under braking and no weave , quiet .

By choice the TA3 will reward more but again dependant on style and wants .

Roadtec 01 seems to be available in HWM for the front.
HWM rear in 180 width only?

Just about to put my second set of CTA3s on. Ace tyre.

Not as good as the TA3 , found them to be slow steering on the front as the profile is more rounded compared to the TA3 , grip good but found they made the bike lazy , so at times pushing on the bars was extreme to get the bugger round at speed , good under braking and no weave , quiet .

By choice the TA3 will reward more but again dependant on style and wants .
Thanks Stick (and others)... Think I'll try a set of the TA3s. Previously favoured the ST2s, but last set always felt a bit vague.

Just about to need a new set of tyres, at the moment running ST2s and they have been the best tyres by far on 2 GSs. BUT I’m reading some good reports of the TA3s, so tempted to give them a try.

My riding is 100% road in the mountains of Southern Spain, so its hot and dry and twisty mostly, only 1% wet if that. Anybody tried TA3s in similar conditions ?

Thanks in advance.

Just about to need a new set of tyres, at the moment running ST2s and they have been the best tyres by far on 2 GSs. BUT I’m reading some good reports of the TA3s, so tempted to give them a try.

My riding is 100% road in the mountains of Southern Spain, so its hot and dry and twisty mostly, only 1% wet if that. Anybody tried TA3s in similar conditions ?

Thanks in advance.

Really good tires, I live in Costa blanca and they are a fairly soft tire and obviously wear a bit quicker in our weather conditions plus the twisties but there very confidence inspiring stable in the corners and they kind of advise when there on the limit, (not like the Michelin annakee that I personally found a bit vague
Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance.

Great , stand up well to the heat and the abuse of a 6 to 7 day trip , best set i have used . They are a great tyre for the mountain twistys .

Great , stand up well to the heat and the abuse of a 6 to 7 day trip , best set i have used . They are a great tyre for the mountain twistys .

Thanks for the reply's, I'm going to order a set on the feedback so far............:beerjug:

I think you will be happy , I have not yet tried the ST2 as I’m so impressed with the CTA3 , but think they sound a similar tyre with positive traits . Let us know what you think .
I know i should try them but have 2 sets of wheels both with CTA3 on .......
Forgot to add they are the only tyres I have used on a week in the Pyrenees that last and do not loose grip , feel or confidence , and allow around 2 to 2.5 k of all day hard riding and still have tread left .
The mileage quoted is new tyres off the lorry at Barcelona , 7 days and and back on the lorry , no motorway apart from Worcester to Manchester and back to and from the depot .

What about the Continental Road Attacks... Anyone used them?

i have road attack 3s on my vstrom. they were abit weird to start. abit like squared off tyres but now with 1000+ miles on them they are ok. suzuki manual says 33/36 psi but i have upped the pressure to 34.5/39 so that is maybe the answer. conti's website doesn't have reccomendations.

After advice from Stick i am liking the Conti Trail Attack 3's..Great round the roads in the Black Forest recently.

After advice from Stick i am liking the Conti Trail Attack 3's..Great round the roads in the Black Forest recently.
Glad you like them , I did a 400 miler today and even tho the tyres were fooked they still worked flawlessly , and never budged once . New boots Monday .

I like the Conti TA3 too but have to admit that I like the Conti RA3 and Pirelli ST2 just as much...All great tires for the GS :thumb2 According to Tourenfahrer who ran a test on GS tires last year with real numbers as in speed in tight and fast sweepers the Conti RA3 was the best when it came to ultimate grip.The TA3 was a little quicker steering as indicated with higher speed in the tight chicane...I was surprised that even the old Metzeler Tourance Next still scored pretty good...Michelin,Bridgestone and Dunlop ran mid pack and Avon was dead last with some turkish brand I never heard of...

Road Attack 3s are crap in the twisties, but are great for most casual straight ahead riders. They turn too slow - not at the front, but the rear.

This is not to wave my willy so please dont judge as its to add to the tread but took the wife out on saturday (new tyres ) , hot roads two up with top box . Even with the heat , extra weight the tyres still felt perfect and scrubbed up well . This is how they look in the hot mountains (one up with 35ltr roll luggage) and again they are flawless and don't let go.

Attachments

• b7dc02d5-9c30-4550-b693-9e6b8082a7c2.jpg
    b7dc02d5-9c30-4550-b693-9e6b8082a7c2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 338
My dear on the Multi is down to the wear bars now, so I’m going to see what deals are out there on the M9RR. Anyone here have any first hand experience of them yet?

Back
Top Bottom