What tyres?

geezer2005

Reaction score
My 1250GSA came with Anakee Adventures, want to change to road tyres.

Had Road Pilot 4's on my last bike. Any others I should consider?

As a matter of interest how man6 miles have the Anakee Adventures done ? Mine have nearly done 7k and have been good so far

As a matter of interest how man6 miles have the Anakee Adventures done ? Mine have nearly done 7k and have been good so far

Done just over 3k.

They are good for a cross tyre, just dont have confidence in them on wet corners, and are quite noisy.

MINE DID 7k Also, I have just replaced them with the same, as I am happy at that. I’m not a knee down expert rider, and the Anakee Adventure is a decent tyre imho, no punctures either which makes a pleasant change.

The Anakee Adventure isn’t as noisy as the earlier Anakees fitted to my 2016 GSA, now I certainly wouldn’t dismiss them like the older versions.

Continue TA3 , great grip all conditions , turns , quiet, reassuring feel . Last longer than the PR5
as they have less water sipes in them .
PR 5 is great but chocolate , but awesome low side wall grip as no grooves great in the dry but twitchy in the wet (TA3 not )
Waiting to see the M9rr trails when they come out as these look like a sport tyre .

The Anakee Adventure isn’t as noisy as the earlier Anakees fitted to my 2016 GSA, now I certainly wouldn’t dismiss them like the older versions.

True , better than the old ones but still have that uncertain feel , not bad but still there . Makes you aware of the lack of the overall tyre , its a mileage muncher and semi of road so it will be harder and with the blocks it will move around more .
I found them a neutral pair , grippy to an extent ( never off road as done take mine ) but when pushed they did have a nervous side IMHO of course

I’m with stick on the anakeee adventures.
I put PR5’s on, and much prefer them. I will try the continental TA3’s next i think.

I don’t ride the GS off road, so pure road tyre for me.

I picked up a new 1250 yesterday and was disappointed to see it had Ankee Adventures on, after my previous experience of Anakees. I was pleasantly surprised, much better and quieter than originals.

Will still swap to Michelin R5s when they were out ... Cheers

Try the Avon Storm 3D XM. Sport touring tyre. I use them on my R1200RS, ride all year incl. winter commuting, trips to Spain. On my second set. Last 7500-8000 miles. Cheap as well, £190 fitted to the bike at Protyre in Gloucester (newer Spirit ST has replaced them).

The only time I’ve found the Anakee Adventures wanting is under hard acceleration on a damp lane, probably all tyres would have squirmed.

Conti Road Attack, Metzler Roadtec 01 are likely to be the next on my bike, but I’d still be OK with Anakee Adventures, I never go off road, nor intend to on it.

90% of a tyres ability is in your head

The rest is the tyre itself ;)

Michelin Road 5 Trail fitted my new rear this morning, they're awesome.

I find that round black ones tend to work well.

It's hard finding a truly bad tyre these days but I think Anakee 3's come very close.

Best I've had on my triumph or GSA to date without a shadow of a doubt (a mix of spirited road riding and touring with very occasional off road forays) have been Bridgestone A41s. Hardest wearing too yet still retain confidence in the wet.

Conti Trail Attack 3's

Attachments

• 20200801_180446[1].jpg
    20200801_180446[1].jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 560

Back
Top Bottom