Recommend a desktop

Captain jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well my old Dell at 15 is about as slow as me these days and the missus is complaining, about both of us.

We don,t do gaming, use microsoft office and general stuff, nothing fancy. According to most of the comparison sites the dell inspiron gets the thumbs up but wondering what folk here think?

I've had a couple of Dell over the years, they've been fine. When the latest one (about 2011 vintage) became too slow and not enough memory etc. I bought new internals and upgraded it myself - easy enough, just assembling parts and connecting cables to boards & components.

You need to figure out exactly what you want the computer to be capable of before anyone can give you meaningful advice - for e.g. I specified mine to run Lightroom/Photoshop nice & fast, plus a little light video editing. On that basis, I could sensibly choose processor, memory, disks and video card to suit.

So start with listing here what programs you want to use and we'll take it from there :thumb

Dell are good Go for an i5 processor for that little extra power IF you can afford it go for an i7

and make sure it has the capacity to take at least 16Mb of ram as the Windows Operating systems and websites get more and more bloated with consumer spyware crap

Back
Top Bottom