Help! Leaving on tour tomorrow, MyRoute - Basecamp / Nav woes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricuspid

Reaction score
For a while now I've use MyRouteApp to plan, export as GPX into Basecamp, recalculate to get rid of the straight lines and then send to my Nav V. So far, so easy.

I'm leaving tomorrow on a 6 day tour of Scotland, did my usual thing with the (meticulously planned) routes ... the route looks perfect on the satnav but as soon as I hit Go on the Nav V it recalculates the route to the fastest option. I'm sure it didn't do that before!

The only thing I can see is that the maps on the computer say version 23.20 and the Nav V has 23.30, but I'm not aware of having updated anything so I'm not sure if that's a red herring.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

could be the settings in your nav ? change from fastest route option to another .

Something else is on the My route app you need to save as GPX1.0 not GPX1.1 or BMW nav.

could be the settings in your nav ? change from fastest route option to another .

Something else is on the My route app you need to save as GPX1.0 not GPX1.1 or BMW nav.

Cheers, it was the GPX 1.0 thing. Bizarre really, but sorted now.

You said you're going to Scotland, is there a different Scotland with foreign sign posts ?

You’ve not been to Blairgowrie recently then ...?

To be fair, the signs are bilingual.

Passed through there yesterday, made it home safely without need for a sat nav surprisingly.

I could probably have managed that ... anyway, I’m already in Scotland, just not the pretty bit, so I’m off to see the crinkly bits on the west and most of the islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom