What suspension part/s make it different?

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Factory lowered R9T V Standard R9T heights.

I’ve got an itch that n mm at need itching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The second half of the sentence made no sense whatsoever, so it’s anyone’s guess what he’s on about!

If my wife was ever to part with her R9T, then I’d like to convert it to a standard height and keep it. Hence the itch that one may need itching.

Factory lowered ? You going to use it as a butt plug ?

Don’t do it , Ev. They’re shit.

I quite like them. I probably wouldn’t have it as the only bike, but as a bimbler, it is sure a thing to have.

If my wife was ever to part with her R9T, then I’d like to convert it to a standard height and keep it. Hence the itch that one may need itching.

So if you’re going to get the R9T, will you get a lowering kit for the SA and give that to the wife?

Buy a Triumph Scrambler..

Yes, I like them to, but yet to go and ride one. Trouble is, riding one for an hour (as most demo bikes tend to be), is never sufficient enough to have an honest opinion and being able to make a rash II all decision.

I was hoping to ride Arsey’s one, but COVID had other ideas and I understand said bike gas now been sold.

So if you’re going to get the R9T, will you get a lowering kit for the SA and give that to the wife?

She frankly hates the thing. Shite (her own words) as a pillion and ugly as .

Keep it for yourself then and get her a C90

Well, I doubt she’d like one of those. But yes, since R9T already in the household, and it means that I need to change ride height along with the side stand, then, it makes sense. I rode it a few time, but it feels a bit weird being so close to the ground.

Its an older thread but discussion here on raising ride height by 15 to 25 mm

Yes, I’ve seen that thread, but I am more interested to know, what is the difference between factory lowered and factory standard ride heights?

Is only two parts, side stand and a torsion bar that make it a factory low version, or is is shock and fork cartridges too?

My wife owns a factory lowered bike and if and when she will like a change, etc. I’d be keen to keep it for myself, but being a low bike, it is a tad to low for my 6’3” height and 34” inside leg.

If it means that the more cost effective option to actually frog her bike (if and when) and buy myself an early standard bike, then so be it. It just that I hate dealing with the whole sales rigmarole.

At minimum it will be centre & side stand

On the GS range to get factory low its a different shock front & rear, and the use of ESA

The 9T is a low beast in any case

It hasn't got ESA , so you could go down the 30mm Hyperpro spring reduction route F&R

The front will just be an internal spring afaik

Looking at realoem - There is no factory low option offered for the 9T its the same basic rear shock for the model run

At minimum it will be centre & side stand

On the GS range to get factory low its a different shock front & rear, and the use of ESA

The 9T is a low beast in any case

It hasn't got ESA , so you could go down the 30mm Hyperpro spring reduction route F&R

The front will just be an internal spring afaik

Looking at realoem - There is no factory low option offered for the 9T its the same basic rear shock for the model run

No centre stand on this one. I’m not sure it even an option on 9T.

I am looking at going up rather than down, as it is a factory low bike. If fork internals and rear shock are identical, then my suspicions that the torsion bar/arm above the shaft is shorter than standard ride height bike are correct and means it and side stand are the only things need changing to return this bike to a standard ride height.

My F700GS low chassis has reworked fork internals and a smaller shock. that is very evident as the permissible weight rider and pillion is down something like 50kgs on a stock F700GS. so if you can find comparisons of perm wt and they are the same that points to a torsion bar or dog bone change.

I found this on a US site about Wunderlich making a part, possibly it something like that was used to lower your wife's bike initially.

https://www.ninetowners.com/threads/factory-lowered-suspension.113018/

Back
Top Bottom