Treetop Tuning ECU remap - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fit an AF-XIED on it.
I fail to understand why anyone would tinker with a complex fueling ECU when it can be manipulated very successfully with the AF-XIED`s to give and maintain an ideal air fuel ratio.
Especially when they can be fitted to another bike or sold on, mine are on their second bike having covered over 80K miles.

Just fit an AF-XIED on it.
I fail to understand why anyone would tinker with a complex fueling ECU when it can be manipulated very successfully with the AF-XIED`s to give and maintain an ideal air fuel ratio.
Especially when they can be fitted to another bike or sold on, mine are on their second bike having covered over 80K miles.
Lots of different ways to reach the destination, your choices suit you, others choose a different route, but we all ultimately want the same thing.

A smoother and more responsive engine.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Lots of different ways to reach the destination, your choices suit you, others choose a different route, but we all ultimately want the same thing.

A smoother and more responsive engine.

But nothing that can be objectively demonstrated.

Just like So-Called-Alternative Medicine - an improved sense of 'well-being' when your chakras are correctly aligned..

Just like So-Called-Alternative Medicine - an improved sense of 'well-being' when your chakras are correctly aligned..
Perhaps, but I know of bmw technicians who have tried the before and after, and are clear there has been a +ve change.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GibiNy4d4gc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

I beg to differ, If you would like to pm me your email address I can send you hours of recorded data using the AF-Xied`s
on many different 1200GS bikes.
The data can be viewed using Logworks 3 by Graph or instruments if you prefer.
I have nothing to do with the company, I just like a product that can be recorded and proven to work.

I have hilltop ecu remap on my s1000xr absolutely transformed it after I fitted a full arrow system which made it un rideable and vibrate horrendously now as smooth as as and loads more go in the midrange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think hilltop have ever remapped anything....

I suspect they tweak the vehicle adaptions area, pushing the boundaries of what the vehicle can do itself. Its a nasty way to do things (as its not fixing what's broken) and also fits why the manufacturers don't see the "remap" (as there never was one), its a 50 quid job not 350

The group of tuners who set up Treetop Tuning to expose the Hilltop scam have proven that the ecu is unchanged after a “Hilltop remap”, and dyno afr and power runs show that bikes supposedly tuned are actually still stock.

By all means throw your money away if you wish. Or you could get your bike properly remapped. I had both done, got a refund from Hilltop ‘cos it made no difference, then had it remapped by one of the professional Treetop tuners and the improvement was remarkable

well there you go.... as I just suggested an adaptions tweak.... 50 quid effort

go on the nz mega site, download your original engine map file from the BMW k24 folder and open it up with win ols and see how odd it is.... it will give a clue as to why so few can get at it or remotely understand how to improve it.

Try here

https://www.beemerboneyard.com/bmwafxied1200lc.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

can anyone give me a clue how they can enrichen the mixer when its in open loop? I get if they lie to the bike in closed loop it will help. But how does it get richer low down where most of the bugs are...

also it can't fix the ignition curve which these days is another area the manufacturers use to keep it from making any power past the noise meter

should be noted the early version of the xfids no longer work on later bikes, BMW re wrote the LC engine map to make them go wrong. A mk2 version is needed on the LC or a recently released inline patch cable brings the originals back and cancels the eml fault after the bike's I-level is updated

I beg to differ, If you would like to pm me your email address I can send you hours of recorded data using the AF-Xied`s
on many different 1200GS bikes.
The data can be viewed using Logworks 3 by Graph or instruments if you prefer.
I have nothing to do with the company, I just like a product that can be recorded and proven to work.
I was referring toHilltop. I have no idea what an afxied is.

I was referring toHilltop. I have no idea what an afxied is.

they are a gadget plugged in line with the CAT sensor and lie to the engine ecu about what AF ratio the CAT sensors have been sniffing in the exhaust
a good idea, they also have a little pot so you can tweak it a bit.

Mate with an Italian nutter thing has it.... he was saying he needs to tweak between summer winter or the bike runs like a dog. but when its helping the bike is far safer / better to ride. A throttle that responds to rider input and a bike that makes sensible smooth usable power (by running correctly) is far safer than an arguing joke that's just trying to fall over.

but how can it make it richer when the CAT isn't part of the picture (low revs / acceleration, aka open loop)?

they are a gadget plugged in line with the CAT sensor and lie to the engine ecu about what AF ratio the CAT sensors have been sniffing in the exhaust
a good idea, they also have a little pot so you can tweak it a bit.

Mate with an Italian nutter thing has it.... he was saying he needs to tweak between summer winter or the bike runs like a dog. but when its helping the bike is far safer / better to ride. A throttle that responds to rider input and a bike that makes sensible smooth usable power (by running correctly) is far safer than an arguing joke that's just trying to fall over.

but how can it make it richer when the CAT isn't part of the picture (low revs / acceleration, aka open loop)?

Nope. Still don't understand.

Nope. Still don't understand.

I think he/she means that.............

Some people pay somebody to fuck around with their engine and are happy with their bike. They then ride their bike with a big smile on their face.

Some people don't pay somebody to fuck around with their engine and are happy with their bike. They then ride their bike with a big smile on their face.

Some people love to argue about theoretical shit because it is important. Very important. They then ride their bike with a big smile on their face.

Does that help? :D

Andres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom