Treetop Tuning ECU remap - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted account 220522001

Reaction score
Has anyone used these guys to remap an ECU? Any feedback would be great, as their facebook page seems to just be them slagging off Hilltop

Is Treetop a genuine company? Or is it just one disgruntled Hilltop customer? It all seems a bit odd.
Reputable business don't have to slag off the opposition, they let their own work stand for itself, in my experience.

As for who/what Treetops are, no idea and care even less.

They lied on Facebook and misrepresented themselves, made false claims about a police investigation.

Not a company I would spend any money with, others may have a different view, which they are just as entitled too.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The long-heralded legal actions by Hilltop against Treetop never failed to materialise.

That must mean something.

The long-heralded legal actions by Hilltop against Treetop never failed to materialise.

That must mean something.
Not especially, you have to be very rich to start defamation proceedings, this also assumes that the other party has the resources to pay up, if they lose.

Reputable business don't have to slag off the opposition, they let their own work stand for itself, in my experience.

They lied on Facebook and misrepresented themselves, made false claims about a police investigation.

Not a company I would spend any money with, others may have a different view, which they are just as entitled too.

What he said.

This about sums Treetop up.

there's a bunch in Bristol http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/ that appear to use the software from the business that looks like it does BWM orig mapping (https://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/software/)
This is Chris Steedman, he is driving force of Treetop who have not exactly conducted themselves in a professional manner.

I got my RT mapped by Chris and I must admit it was an excellent service he provided. For me being away up in Inverness it’s not easy to get anything local, so removing the ECU and getting it done remotely appealed to me. The bike was the last of the single cams and was transformed after it was mapped. Smooth In any gear any speed and effortless really made a difference.

From what Chris explained it wasn’t anything specific they did they simply tweak the already conservative factory setup on the bikes due to emissions legislation so anyone could map these bikes that knows what their doing.

Anyway I’ve read the many slagging contests on the various platforms and for me I was well impressed with the information chris provided. Having not used hilltop I cannot comment. For me very happy with the service provided bike was amazing after they mapped it.

Cheers
Mark

I have hilltop ecu remap on my s1000xr absolutely transformed it after I fitted a full arrow system which made it un rideable and vibrate horrendously now as smooth as as and loads more go in the midrange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The group of tuners who set up Treetop Tuning to expose the Hilltop scam have proven that the ecu is unchanged after a “Hilltop remap”, and dyno afr and power runs show that bikes supposedly tuned are actually still stock.

By all means throw your money away if you wish. Or you could get your bike properly remapped. I had both done, got a refund from Hilltop ‘cos it made no difference, then had it remapped by one of the professional Treetop tuners and the improvement was remarkable

The group of tuners who set up Treetop Tuning to expose the Hilltop scam have proven that the ecu is unchanged after a “Hilltop remap”, and dyno afr and power runs show that bikes supposedly tuned are actually still stock.

By all means throw your money away if you wish. Or you could get your bike properly remapped. I had both done, got a refund from Hilltop ‘cos it made no difference, then had it remapped by one of the professional Treetop tuners and the improvement was remarkable
Interesting, who did they "prove" it too ?

Trading standards perhaps, what about the Police ? After all Treetops seem very good at making claims about the Police.

I'm glad you're happy with your bike. Look forward to your next post, around Easter perchance?

Interesting, who did they "prove" it too ?

Trading standards perhaps, what about the Police ? After all Treetops seem very good at making claims about the Police.

I'm glad you're happy with your bike. Look forward to your next post, around Easter perchance?

Funny how obscure/unheard of posters appear at the mention of Hilltop.........

Andres

The brand new user called placebo wouldn't happen to have a vested interest in Treetop perchance? Seems very coincidental to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom