Insurance - Multi Bike Solution From Principal

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last year I had my R1150GS and XT660R covered comp for €274, but with the caveat that every time I rode the other bike I had to notify them to amend the policy, costing me €30 every switch.

This year I got two separate comp policies instead - one on each bike. They wouldn't do this last year (security-related).

2002 GS is €253, 2007 XTR is €187. So for a total of €440 I have both bikes covered fully comp, without the hassle or cost of notifying them which bike I'm using on any given day - pretty happy with that.

Must work different across there , I've had up to 7 bikes on the same multibike policy with no need to inform the insurer which bike I was using at any one time . They reasoned sensibly ( for once ) that you can only ride one bike at one time

Must work different across there , I've had up to 7 bikes on the same multibike policy with no need to inform the insurer which bike I was using at any one time . They reasoned sensibly ( for once ) that you can only ride one bike at one time
Insurence is very different over here. Little choice and sky high prices. I’d say everyone has a horror story. Bye the way as you say you can only ride 1 bike at a time. But the insurance is still running on the other six. If you have tpft or comp. the insurance company could be on the line for them all if there was a fire or theft. JJH

I have 3 bikes on one policy with Principle, VFR1200f, R1200gs and an R1150gs. All full Comp.

Hi
Had multi bike with Principles... just watch out if you want to change any bike mid term "sorry the underwriter will not cover that bike sir so we will have to change" "sorry sir that one is not the main bike on the policy so no credit for remaining term" asked them not to renew the policy on one bike ie not to cancel but to let lapse at the end of the policy (which was 6 weeks away) they cancelled immediately and then charged a cancellation fee, when I bought the GS last year I had 6 months to run on my policy they would add the bike but the price has 50% more than the competitors so they will not be getting my future business

Brick garage.

Yep - different to my set-up.

Hi
Had multi bike with Principles... just watch out if you want to change any bike mid term "sorry the underwriter will not cover that bike sir so we will have to change" "sorry sir that one is not the main bike on the policy so no credit for remaining term" asked them not to renew the policy on one bike ie not to cancel but to let lapse at the end of the policy (which was 6 weeks away) they cancelled immediately and then charged a cancellation fee, when I bought the GS last year I had 6 months to run on my policy they would add the bike but the price has 50% more than the competitors so they will not be getting my future business

Barring a Lotto win, my current two bikes now will still be my current two bikes next year. And the year after that... And... :p

Back
Top Bottom