Ultimate Ear - in-ear speakers / hearing protection

One thing to note.

They run the lead to which you connect the in-ear speakers through where the charging LED sits on the battery cover.

You can still see the charging status by moving the lead very slightly. Red for charging, blue for fully charged.

Using the new earphones in France for an extended jaunt, along with my Shoei Neotec II.

1. Very clear instructions from the GPS, something I haven’t used for years since I got rid of my old Autocom system. Does it make you lazy? Yes.

2. Clear music / radio. Will I use this? No. I really couldn’t get on with it, finding it too distracting.

3. Clear phone calls. I tried this with a call out and a call in. Will I use it? Definitely not. Again, far too distracting and nothing in my life is that urgent.

Someone will correct me but I do believe that the use of inner ear speakers are banned in Spain and France ?
If I am wrong then I will be looking to do this inner speaker thing but atm have invested in more powerful helmet speakers

Someone will correct me but I do believe that the use of inner ear speakers are banned in Spain and France ?
If I am wrong then I will be looking to do this inner speaker thing but atm have invested in more powerful helmet speakers

I used to use (and still do occasionally) a cheap but decent pair of Panasonic ear-buds. Carried a spare set too. Always had the plan if stopped in France/Spain to just pull them out with helmet still on.

On a four week jaunt away, the in-ear speakers performed faultlessly. Hi-fi quality? No but more than good enough for riding a motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom