Wiring Auxiliary Lamps on 1250GS (Givi S310)

(RIP) Sam Johnson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a set of Givi 310 lamps to go onto my 1250GS engine bars. They have come with wiring to get power direct from the battery
with an inline fuse and switch for the handlebars that goes to a relay. Anyone any knowledge on fitting these and is it OK to wire direct to
the battery on a 1250GS. I understand that wiring direct means that the lights will stay on even when the ignition is off until I turn them
off at the switch.
Kind regards
Sam

It sounds as though the harness you have is fully set up and ready to go. There may be a ‘live feed’ switch incorporated which means you’ll need to splice that in but otherwise good to go. You are also correct, the direct connection to the battery will mean they can be switched on without the bike being powered up (assuming no live feed switch).

Additional universal headlights, homologated, which can be easily mounted onto any engine guards with a tubular diameter between 21mm and 25mm.
The cable kit with the relay and the fuse for direct linking to the battery are provided as standard, together with a waterproof switch that can be mounted to the handlebar. Also provided as standard, is a cable which can connect the lights to the ignition which ensures the lights are not left turned on.

https://www.givi.it/givi-products/motorbike-accessories/spotlights/s310-trekker-lights

Thanks for the information, I spent the afternoon fitting them direct and they work a treat.
Must remember to turn them off though!!!

Think I need a handlebar switch that lights up:blast

Thanks all
Sam

Thanks for the information, I spent the afternoon fitting them direct and they work a treat.
Must remember to turn them off though!!!

Think I need a handlebar switch that lights up:blast

Thanks all
Sam

Why don’t you just use an ignition switched feed for the switch / relay coil? That way even when you leave the switch on, no worries about flattening battery when you leave the bike, no load involved, lights are powered off the battery?

Back
Top Bottom