Best Switched Live source Option

bogey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I am just getting around to fitting the Fuzeblock I had on my last GS to my new R1250GSA. I can't remember exactly but IIRC i took connected the witched live feed from a wire in the connector block under the riders seat up close to the fuel tank.
I have seen the post on the Power Splitter and thought that would offer a good solution in terms of connecting into the harness without cutting into any of the actual harness itself. However on reading various threads a few questions have arisen which are as follows.

1) Will the power lead splitter cable as used in the Power Splitter Thread fith the Din Socket on the R1250GSA. For reference the
tread describing it is at this link.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-power-splitter-lead?highlight=power+splitter

2) I saw it mentioned that although the din socket power normally switched off after a short delay when ignition is turned off it
was suggested that it can stay live if there is some current draw on it after ignition is turned off. Is this actually the case I
had been going on the basis that this always powers down albeit maybe after a short delay which is important as I want to
be sure that all accessories wired to the fuzebloack get shut down when I turn off the ignition.

3) Anyone got any other suggestions as to where to take the power for the switched live from that might be easier and better
than what I am considering.

Be grateful for any comments and information.

Regards

Brian

48da54aba846f4243242306e112c4959.jpg

There is a switched connector on the right of the bike just by the horn that’s not used if that’s any good to you

No bitchy remarks from me.

That looks ideal, is this on the R1250 GSA as well????
I have the sat nav fitted, I know that there is a plug that this goes into, is this the plug used for that purpose????

Regards
B

That looks ideal, is this on the R1250 GSA as well????
I have the sat nav fitted, I know that there is a plug that this goes into, is this the plug used for that purpose????

Regards
B

This is on my 1200 2016
I have satnav fitted also but this is still available.
Plug is in the same spot

The plug you are referring to, is for the Nav

The three wires are

+12V
+10V (speed pulse )
Earth

The +10v is for Nav units that use the speed pulse to calculate distance if line of sight to the nav is lost

It is a switched live feed, as the nav will ask to power down when the bike is switched off, however it can stay live if a demand signal is sent

The plug you are referring to, is for the Nav

The three wires are

+12V
+10V (speed pulse )
Earth

The +10v is for Nav units that use the speed pulse to calculate distance if line of sight to the nav is lost

It is a switched live feed, as the nav will ask to power down when the bike is switched off, however it can stay live if a demand signal is sent

a99120ce46eee95b7a5b9ef8e23eff7e.jpg

This is the satnav plug (circled)

Back
Top Bottom