Rain repellant for screens and visors

Jesim1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It must have been covered to death, but I can't find it in the search, so time for asking :bow

What treatment is best for keeping rain to a minimum on your windscreen and visor - I'd like it to be able to use it on both glass and plastic as I'll put it on the car also and I know some just do one or the other but not both.

Thanks

James

Rain X :thumb2

Andres
Swear by it for the car, but I'm 95% sure I read somewhere that it's not suitable for plastic visors and screens; something to do with it removing the anti-scratch coating perhaps?
I'm happy to be proved wrong though

Swear by it for the car, but I'm 95% sure I read somewhere that it's not suitable for plastic visors and screens; something to do with it removing the anti-scratch coating perhaps?

I’m not sure about that? You may be right, but I’ve been using it for years now on visors and goggles with no issues, it’s great stuff isn’t it :)

Andres

It buggered up a visor I had (tour X I think)- it was like looking through someone elses misty glasses though it looked clear until you put the helmet on. I use it on my cars all the time though especially the fastback coupe that does not have a wiper.

Rain X do a plastic friendly product, sold in Halfords. I bought some. Wish I had remembered to apply it before going to visit a friend recently. Pissed down going over Holme Moss with cloud at road level.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/s...n-x-plastic-water-repellent-200ml-803228.html

Rain X product info specifically states do not use on plastics

Just been to check mine and yes you're right :thumb2

Whatever, as my post above, I have literally been using it for years now on my visors/goggles with absolutely no issues :)

Andres

NikWax Visor Proof

Does what it says on the tin.

3rd vote for NikWax visor proof. Excellent product and safe on visors and screens

Just been to check mine and yes you're right :thumb2

Whatever, as my post above, I have literally been using it for years now on my visors/goggles with absolutely no issues :)

Andres

Apart from the scratches! :D

Rain X

The correct version for the application it's being used on ;)

Normal Rain X inside and out. Works fine.

I suspect the plastic-friendly version is to lever a few extra quid from gullible wealthy motorcyclists.

Oakley Nanoclear, only if you can get it for less than £25:eek: It used to be around £10...

Back
Top Bottom