R1200GS/GSA RIDER FOOT PEGS - ADVICE PLEASE

Gesanners

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The more I look at the options available the more I think the same pegs fit a wide variety of BMW bikes (and would probably fit other makes too)

If that's the case Motorrad lowering kits are also interchangeable. I'd prefer use a kit because I'd be able to lower by 30mm. Has anyone used a lowering kit from another model with stock pegs?

The adjustable BMW pegs will fit the GS, as well as the GSA. However, the springs are slightly different, and are available to buy separately. A word of caution with the adjustable BMW pegs, a number have developed cracks where the peg fixings go through the adjustable mount (mine was one of those sets). I also found the adjustment range to be not much of a benefit for the price. I wouldn't buy them again.

Thanks Victor, I'd heard this from another user who'd had a similar problem. Gerry.

Can only speak from experience, but I've had the Giles pegs for a couple of years ever since a fellow rider observed that I looked a little cramped on the bike (I have a small torso but long legs). No issues with the reliability, and a surprising difference in posture - that inch or so really makes a difference. That said, my position felt a little more sporty with the originals, which I think I miss.

With what I've seen on these boards, folks seem to have an issue with the black version of the Giles pegs - possibly a bad batch?

Mine were the black Giles ones, that cracked after only a few thousand miles. When I spoke with Bahnstormer, to return them, they said they had a few back which had cracked in the same place.

I've done 26K miles with the gold Gilles footrests and they are perfect. Just be aware they can eat right through your boots if you ride with your instep on the front teeth of them like I do.

I've done 26K miles with the gold Gilles footrests and they are perfect. Just be aware they can eat right through your boots if you ride with your instep on the front teeth of them like I do.

+1.
Mine have scored the instep of my boots like they were the wooden back door of a house full of pets

Back
Top Bottom