Refurb

Scotriders

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 2010 GSA has 101, 000 miles on it and looks it.
I'm toying with the idea of getting a new bike but know that in its current condition my bike is not worth much as a trade in or to sell privately.
So I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that would take on a full strip down and refurb of my bike and likely costs involved.

Cheers in advance

Alan

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

How Long being a Chinaman, the question is are we talking total mechanical rebuild, just fixing the bits that are worn out ?

Either Steptoe or Mikeyboy can probably give you a good idea as to costs/works

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

How Long being a Chinaman, the question is are we talking total mechanical rebuild, just fixing the bits that are worn out ?

Either Steptoe or Mikeyboy can probably give you a good idea as to costs/works

I don't think it needs an engine rebuild as it runs OKish.
More like take it apart blast and paint the frame, engine, wheels etc and put it all back together.
A couple of parts (crash bars) may need persuaded back into shape and the final drive has never had anything done to it so will probably need a going over.

I don't think it needs an engine rebuild as it runs OKish.
More like take it apart blast and paint the frame, engine, wheels etc and put it all back together.
A couple of parts (crash bars) may need persuaded back into shape and the final drive has never had anything done to it so will probably need a going over.

I'd talk to Mikeyboy especially if it involves transmission work.

If you are doing it to sell it on then it'll probably cost more than you will gain to do the work you are proposing. Just take the loss and let a new owner decide what to do with it.
If you are not bothered by the cost get it refurbed and you might even decide to keep it for a few years more.
It'll still be cheaper than buying a new bike I guess.

£3k by the time you’ve finished, allowing for the odd seized bolt/stud, other repair work you’ll find you need to do etc. Allow at least 6 months, provided you’ve got a good work space where you can leave things.

And you won’t be happy with it because that doesn’t include complete dismantling of the engine and gearbox to clean and paint or vapour blast the cases, which you’ll want to do when to see them against a nice shiny frame.

Well, that’s if I were doing it.

Don’t do a restoration to make/save money.
If you love the bike and want to keep it, get it restored.
If it has no sentimental value then just trade it in.

Back
Top Bottom