Warrior Spider Centre Bike Lift

HGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know Abba Skylifts are wonderful but I got hold of one of the Spider Warrior Centre Lift stands with no fitting instructions

I can see there is a large nylon bung for the large pivot hole in the low part of the frame and a female threaded pin for one of the other chassis points only I can't see which one it should be fitted to as the OEM bolts are all showing head on the nearside and the mounting point looks like it would replace a nut
So I am trying to find anyone who has one for the GS with the shaft on the nearside and can enlighten me as to the upper mounting point

Thanks

I don't know if this may help or not, but i have had a couple of these type of stands for different bikes, and have always had to remove the top bolt and turn it around so the female sleeve part will replace the nut on the bolt.

Col

Thanks Col
An option to maybe try if no one has one of these for GS

Warrior is China copy of Bursig, maybe you need buy Bursig adapter for GS.

If at all possible, don’t buy Chinese, it’s mostly inferior crap, and only importing unemployment. Spend your money where you earned it, Rant over.

If at all possible, don’t buy Chinese, it’s mostly inferior crap, and only importing unemployment. Spend your money where you earned it, Rant over.

People here won’t listen to that as they want the cheapest tat that money can buy. Unfortunately.

prob turn bolt around

Hi I have a Bursig and as Col mentions I had to turn a bolt round to allow the correct fitment. Just check your torque settings for that bolt on refit.

cheers Alistair

Thanks Alistair
Do you have any photo's ?
Where did you get the Bursig from ?

bmw

So are any parts of bmw motorcycles made in China ? or by any other none UK companies. Or Motorcycle clothing, boots, computers, phones ? So it is wrong to lift a foreign made bike with a foreign made lift .

Apart from Abba Skylift,, which I don't want, there is only the newly reformed 1Jac which doesn't do an adapter for the GS. I already had a 1Jac which son in law has 'borrowed'. So I did buy British
If anyone can direct me to a centre lift stand other than Abba that is British made, then please do. That would be more helpful

Thanks Oblertone
Had a quick view of Quasar site and their FB and you tube channel
They list a few bikes but couldn't see the GS
I will give them a call next week

mrtee43
Thanks
So it clamps to the centrestand and supports under the bash plate?
If so, I take it you can lift it from either side?

I’ve never has a GS on my Eazyrizer (Red) but I’ve had the Harley on both ways without difficulty. There is a set up that utilises the side stand too, as well as one that lifts via the wheels ...

I’d have thought most things where doable on a GS with the centre stand??

I’ve removed both wheels on the centre stand easy enough?

mrtee43
Thanks
So it clamps to the centrestand and supports under the bash plate?
If so, I take it you can lift it from either side?

I don't have one, just thought i would share the picture I found !

The big bike lift comes with one set of attachments you buy the rest for a GS and you get a pair of front peg clamps and an engine block (sits against bash plate). Solid yes, cannot service the engine or do an oil change though. Then you buy the front wheel stand so you can get at the engine. And all the time the peg clamps are a PITA. Its a solid bit of kit but not overly practical and forget moving the bike around on it.
ae75c65c0859008df016baab27041336.jpg

df0cedd3a81c44c3947b47bdfe14492b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Roadrash Rider
Think the Easy Rizer and Big Blue are out of contention now....Not being able to move when the bike is lifted is a breaker
Going to make some Bursig enquiries Monday....see what they have
I'm interested in where the adapter plate sits against the bike
2 days of searching and I think I have worked out how the plate fits on the bike fo rthe Warrior Spider
The Warrior Spider has a long plate that sits at about 25 - 30 degrees off horizontal with a nylon bush for the lower chassis mount and a pin for the forward engine mount
I have the Wunderlich bars fitted and they use that point, so the stand is boxed back up ready to drop off tomorrow morning

So, anyone have a Bursig lift for their R1250GS or even on a late exhaust on the right GS ?

You should have just got a Skylift. Far superior to anything else on the market.

Back
Top Bottom