HP2E suspension upgrade

are they still making things for HP's..?

when I had my wilber's built and fitted the progressive springs to the front it transformed the bike...

best of luck....

should never have sold mine...

Yes, shocks still available from Wilbers, Tractive, Ohlins, and MUPO, but as far as I can find out only MUPO do the cartridge kits. Mine's got Wilbers progressive springs, which are rock hard until braking then go into a massive nose dive.

are they still making things for HP's..?

when I had my wilber's built and fitted the progressive springs to the front it transformed the bike...

best of luck....

should never have sold mine...

I changed the oil for a heavier viscosity in mine with the wilbers setup and it really changed the bike, also the wilbers rear was a rally spec unit... (brilliant idea) appart from making a tall bike around 60mm taller... Which meant it wasn't for the faint hearted :)

Going to go with the MUPO kit, Martin Wittering at Torque is doing the mods, he spoke to Mr Mupo and was very impressed. I can get a height adjustable shock too, which is handy.

Know what you mean about the tall bike, my 690R now has a Tractive rally shock in it plus fork kit and with the Seat Concepts seat on its 910mm seat height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP2 suspension

MST still lists suspension upgrades including new triple trees and bigger forks. I went with that type of upgrade and it makes a huge difference. That was after stiffer springs , thicker oil , and reduced air gap on the original forks which helped a lot.

Went with MST in the end, new shock and cartridge inserts for the OEM forks

Berin,

Have you ridden it much since the upgrade? Can I ask where you got the parts & who did the work?

Best Wishes

suspension upgrade

I upgraded my stock forks stiffer springs, thicker oil, and reduced air gap which was a big improvement. Eventually I put on the larger forks. Way better.

Berin,

Have you ridden it much since the upgrade? Can I ask where you got the parts & who did the work?

Best Wishes

Not got the bike back yet, it’s with Martin Wittering at Torque Racing having a few upgrades, main one being suspension, but also the Markus tank, a fly screen, new rear subframe and rack, pivot pegz, headlight guard, frame spyders, pannier rails, led indicators, Cycra handguards with tapped bar end inserts, better brake pads, side stand cut out bypass. Think that’s it. Waiting on the shock from MUPO, it’s coming from Italy so naturally it’s late then I should get it back.

Berin,

Quite interested to hear your thoughts once you've ridden it for a while. Markus tank appeals to me also. I have a HPN but it's very big and bulky.

I literally drive past Torque some mornings commuting to work. I'll have to pop in.

Oldfool,

What forks did you replace with?

If you pop in you'll be able to take a look at my bike, I think it's mostly done, bar the shock, now.

I know a lot of people did the WP upgrade and it's supposed to be very good, but this is going to be my travel bike not an enduro bike and the knowledge (and parts) seem hard to come by now, so I'm hoping the MST set up will suffice. It will be lowered by 20mm as well,

Berin,

Quite interested to hear your thoughts once you've ridden it for a while. Markus tank appeals to me also. I have a HPN but it's very big and bulky.

I literally drive past Torque some mornings commuting to work. I'll have to pop in.

Oldfool,

What forks did you replace with?

I'll have to give Martin a ring.

You say it's not your enduro bike but it'd be great to do a HP2 green laning event.

They'd want to be easy lanes for me riding that thing! I've no desire to be chucking it at the countryside:eek:

just gas it up, what's the worst that could happen...? Well there is falling off, have the bloody thing land ontop of you. Then having to ask some old boy walking a dog to help get it off... and he just laughs....!

If you don't bin it riding offroad you're not trying hard enough.....?!

....maybe you can pick mine up when I bin it, if you can stop laughing.

Exactly. I want to bin my 350 KTM, or at a pinch my 690, but my HP2 is both too pretty and too heavy to bin!

Back
Top Bottom