Just another glorious day trip into Cotswolds.

.... back on the bikes, we are heading to Bourton-on-the Watter.

7bdc986a6257a87710058390f4abbec7.jpg

A short stop over in Bourton..... me finks it is the only place in the Cotswolds that is exempt from social Distancing. Lockdown 2 is imminent.

A quick coffee and we are off again before we caught the dreaded disease.

A return leg via that lovely ribbon of a road B4377 to Charlbury, where we are to part and head our separate ways.

I’m still here (in Charlbury) and hour later and miles away from home, writing this trip report, whilst Mr & Mrs Arsey no doubt enjoying a drink or two with the last of the sunshine for the day. :blast

A quick hydration station, wipe the bugs of my lid and I shall be on my way again. It’ll be only a couple of hours....

Catch you lot later....

Shame I couldn’t make it, but glad I couldn’t as Bourton is my idea of hell at the moment.

I’ll show you some cracking back roads next time. ;)

Bilbury, ticked off the list, we were soon headed for our lunch at The Gardner’s Arms in Alderton.

We were booked in for an odd time of 01:10pm. Without to much faffing (me that is) we were on the road and seemingly on time to destination. One missed turn by Captain Arsey, we made a rapid U turn to get back on track. However a dreaded TomTom thrown a wobbly in protest and added extra 10 minutes to our journey despite us being back on track.
Garmin to the rescue and everything was just about fine, when a farmers Tractor laden with bales and some 6-7 car + 2 bike train behind, nearly stalked going up hill and to add a further insult to the injury, he would point Blanc ignore everybody behind him for the next 3-4 miles without pulling over in the passing place and letting anybody through to ease the queuing.

Soon I got through but had to wait at the junction for the Couple.

We are back together and with a slight delay riding without being bunched up. Descending into the village, I could see a car just pulled up at the blind T-junction. With anticipation of a potential incident, I’ve rolled off the throttle and as expected the car is in front of me half way across the road. Anticipation certainly had saved my bacon on this occasion. My conclusion of the situation is a very poor road positioning from the car driver.

Shortly we arrive at The Gardner’s Arms and enjoying a cold beverage....

d3918e9a221af7371fb4d87d8462df47.jpg

What took you to Alderton?

Lovely village but not one known for tourism?

Shame I couldn’t make it, but glad I couldn’t as Bourton is my idea of hell at the moment.

fortunately Bourton has a bypass

I did a loop around the Cotswolds and stopped in Bibury briefly to have a slurp of water and clean the inside of my visor - bloody hay fever! I was there before the ice cream van had turned up but I did see my first bus load of tourists from SE Asia for a long time. Only a small 20 seater bus.

I'm glad I left early and was home just after midday as it got really hot and traffic was getting heavier.

One thing for anyone going to the Cotswolds, Stanway Hill has been resurfaced and the trees cut back. It is fantastic, but won't be for long once the quarry lorries fuck it up again. It's the B4077 from the Great Western place at Toddington towards Stow on the Wold (past Alderton) https://goo.gl/maps/arVmJ6DuGZHh9VBg6

It's much better than Fish Hill and does not have speed cameras.

What took you to Alderton?

Lovely village but not one known for tourism?

Ermmmm.... actually a Pub Menu that we found online, or to be precisely via google maps.

Not being on the “Tourist Information Board” is a bonus, as despite 46? Tables booked up for Lunch/dinner, the place was deserted compared to Bourton or Burford

So.....

Along the way, out the corner of my eye, I have happened to spot some unusual “crockery”. So one does what must be done and goes off to investigate....

9b3bbf03c6f3200bf7f9c4a02bfd6315.jpg

.... the last of the OXON colour way in the evening sun before entering BUCKS

a8067c436f3d8d64d5b88a4d295e2ab3.jpg

.... an evening munch is in the process. Keeps the grass short....
09209f4c6f6f396640ff3e78d1521e61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a ton of green lanes around there, you seem to have missed all of them!

Nice day out though.

.... and we are finally home. Bugged to death, pigeon down and 245 miles later, I’ve tucked her away until tomorrow where she will get a bath.

Great day, great roads, but even better is to have likeminded people for a company and a giggle.....

e44dad8deedc114e94f827c70845dc78.jpg

.... Thank you Arsey for a fine day and more. Been a pleasure to see you again and to meet your other half. Until next time and stay safe.

CHEERS!!!!!

d7718762351470a6635ff49448c11723.jpg

.... maybe a third time lucky? :nenau

Sometimes it is good to come out of ones comfort zone, and put yourself into different experience

That fence could do with a coat of creoste.

Not mine, so I couldn’t give a toss frankly. Next doors keep replacing it with another shite panel every year(not this one though) after the winter storms.

Back
Top Bottom