Clarification needed - Which model CRF1100 AT has the tubeless wheels?

DeanoBeano

Reaction score
I'm receiving conflicting information regarding which model CRF1100 has the tubeless wheels. The dealer told me it was the standard CRF1100 has tubeless but the brochure states that they are only available on the Adventure Sports.

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

I’m 100% it’s only the adventure sport, the standard one has the old wheels.
If you look at the spokes the standard ones go into the centre of the rim whilst the Adv sport go to the outside of the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 100% it’s only the adventure sport, the standard one has the old wheels.
If you look at the spokes the standard ones go into the centre of the rim whilst the Adv sport go to the outside of the rim.

Wot this man said :thumb

I have a 2020 CRF1100L standard model and they definitely have tubed wheels.

A lot of guys convert tubed to tubeless either DIY using sealer and 3m tape, using an Outex kit or getting a company like Central Wheel Components in the UK to convert them with their own tubeless product or bartubless

I am just about to do the outex conversion on a spare set of wheels I picked up for mine. I plan to run 50/50 tyres on them for better mileage on trips but I will keep my off-road wheels and tyres tubed (UHD) for trail riding as this works better for me.

What a super , comprehensive but concise reply bigmark. You need to post more replies like that , only 5 in 4 years ;)
Out of interest do you have any idea of the cost of converting to tubeless when using a company like Central wheels ?
:thumb

Thanks for that info. I had heard that the front wheel can't / shouldn't be converted to tubeless as there is no 'lip ' on it. Is there any truth in that?

Thanks for that info. I had heard that the front wheel can't / shouldn't be converted to tubeless as there is no 'lip ' on it. Is there any truth in that?

They say that you need the lip and most don’t recommend that you do tubeless conversion without a lipped rim and I don’t think most of the companies will do it for you unless you have the correct rim.

The rear is lipped on the Africa Twin just not the front. You can buy a lipped front rim for around £150 to £200 depending on wether you want SM Pro or Excel.

Having said all that if you believe what people on forums say many people have done the conversion on a non lipped front rim and report that it has worked fine for them but I suppose the ones who died were not able to tell the tale

I suppose like everything in life you weigh up the pros & cons and make your own choice.

I have had punctures on front and rear tyres both tubless and tubed and survived to tell the tale. I do run higher pressure though as I am a fat **** and it’s a heavy bike.

I also run tyre pressure monitors so unless it’s full on blow out which would scare the shit out of you tubed or tubless and lip or no lip you get a bit of warning if you are losing pressure.

What a super , comprehensive but concise reply bigmark. You need to post more replies like that , only 5 in 4 years ;)
Out of interest do you have any idea of the cost of converting to tubeless when using a company like Central wheels ?
:thumb

Thank you for your review of my post I had nothing to say before now but I will try to keep my post count up to keep you happy

I think it varies depending on what you want they do their own or can do the bartubless or outex conversion and they also supply rims but this link will take you to the price list: https://www.central-wheel.co.uk/pub/media/wysiwyg/downloads/pdfs/classic-price-list.pdf

Back
Top Bottom