Ride magazine

stick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Great read and to the truth , GS 1250 is a great bike , but we know that ...I rest my case and realise that i have the best meat mover in the land .:thumb:thumb

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 1,479
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 1,489
Meat.... mover..........

Cock....

Previous editions have been pretty dire - still to get this on through the door.

Best until the new model comes out next year...

Best until the new model comes out next year...

That will probably always be the case, so you can't wait forever to buy one ......
only had my 1250 a week, but feeling like the best gs i have had yet :D

That will probably always be the case, so you can't wait forever to buy one ......
only had my 1250 a week, but feeling like the best gs i have had yet :D

Well, it's always the case every eight years...

Good old Ride magazine, they know. :beerjug:

Previous editions have been pretty dire - still to get this on through the door.

Ive had them from 2004 and they have just got better and better , had other bikes alongside but they have never be able to match the points made in the article . Said bikes then get sold as i have scratched the so called itch and realise the best bike for me is the GS in whatever model , air cooled , oil or wet head.

They are brilliant, Just wish the engine was less noisy and agricultural.

Ride magazine very rarely refers to corrosion issues which makes me question - unbiased reporting

Thanks Stick for posting this ! As good as the GS is a few things still can be improved...A very easy thing would be to re-route the exhaust that 2 same sized big hardbags would fit. The other to show the Dynamic display with lean angle on the TFT like on the S1000RR or R1250R.Also a pouch in the tank like on the ADV or new XR would be nice to have and practical if you pay tolls...
The other improvements would a harder but still easy enough to do...A XR version for people who only stay on firm tarmac...17 inch wheels and a lower handlebar.And 1300 - 1400 cc with 150 + NM and 160-170 hp would make the engine perfect and the whole bike fast enough without being ridiculous...I suspect 2023 / 100 years of BMW Motorrad will bring big things and maybe even a boxer with 3 crank bearings that would make big pistons / big power and 10 000rpm easier to archive and totally reliable :thumby:

Ive had them from 2004 and they have just got better and better , had other bikes alongside but they have never be able to match the points made in the article . Said bikes then get sold as i have scratched the so called itch and realise the best bike for me is the GS in whatever model , air cooled , oil or wet head.

Sorry - I meant in the last 4-5 months.

I thought you were a saint from Bristol and not an arsehole...;)
Of course I love my GS but with more power & 17 inch wheels as also an exhaust good for 2 full size bags it would be even better....:thumby: That's all ! If you want to ride off road buy an XR400...:D

I don't post much nowadays as the forum has moved so far away from what it was originally.

Apart from a few of the "older hands", Wapping stands out, the forum has moved miles away from being the UKGSer that I originally joined, it more like a kiddies playground now :-(

The popularity of the GS with "boy racers" has taken it away from it's original purpose of being a "go anywhere" bike. They want to change it into something it was never intended to be. If you don't, or more likely can't, ride a GS off tarmac then you should be riding something else. A GS with more power and 17" wheels wouldn't be a GS, it would be the bastard lovechild of a GS and a boy racer fantasy.

The popularity of the GS with "boy racers" has taken it away from it's original purpose of being a "go anywhere" bike. They want to change it into something it was never intended to be. If you don't, or more likely can't, ride a GS off tarmac then you should be riding something else. A GS with more power and 17" wheels wouldn't be a GS, it would be the bastard lovechild of a GS and a boy racer fantasy.

This was the point I was making.

Boxerlust wants a sports bike with a gs badge, not a gs. When I suggested this he resorted to abuse and thought a winking emoji made abuse ok. Resorting to abuse seems to be the default position for some here, more's the pity.

I don't think many riders would choose a 160 bhp, 180 mph "gs" on 17" wheels for a rtw or even mild off-roading trip.

Spot on, Bob.

Who the fuck wants a GS with 170 bhp and 17” wheels apart from a misguided merkin and probably Nutty,cos he’s still in the power is everything faze.

I sold my KTM 1290R as I preferred my ATAS DCT.
The KTM, with 160 ish bhp left me cold whereas the ATAS, with only 100 ish bhp is much more involving and just a much nicer bike to ride.

Those chasing speed,such as Boxerlost will never understand.

Less is often more.

There are a few generalisations that pop up whenever you seen the ID of the poster on here.
With Juan, you get one approach, generally forthright and sometimes rudely to the point, with another you can bet it’ll be a very left leaning point of view, yet another you have short odds on it being a wind up attempt...
With boxer your money is safe if you thought he might suggest a smaller front wheel/capacity increase/more power etc.

With me, I usually get only half a story (forgot the other half) but usually well intentioned....:augie

Back
Top Bottom