AFXied wit new firmware

Update:

Beemer boneyard were fantastic - I paid for express delivery and they advise due to Covid - no benefit and refunded £30.

So cost me £319 sterling :D
I can put the saving towards the custom charges:D

Update:

Beemer boneyard were fantastic - I paid for express delivery and they advise due to Covid - no benefit and refunded £30.

So cost me £319 sterling :D
I can put the saving towards the custom charges:D

Yes Mike very good honest, no story just good service, wit super product.

I don't want to rain on @popells parade, but to set the record straight:
Euro 4 emission requirements where enforced in 2016. This required the engine to meet the emission standard for the first 20K km.
In order to make sure this worked, BMW introduced a self test on the O2 sensor, since the feedback from the O2 sensor is the backbone for proper fueling.
When cold, the O2 sensor emits no voltage, and represents close to infinite resistance, and when warmed up, the O2 sensor emits a voltage between 0 and 1 volt, depending on the amount of free oxygen in the exhaust. Hence, the self test must be performed when O2 sensor is in a 'non warmed up' condition. To BMW this means it was checked only after engine had been stopped for quite a while, and engine temperature was below a defined temperature (I think it is in the 40 - 50 degree range). ECU can only check for abnormal voltage measured on the O2 sensor input line at this stage. The ECU emits a bias voltage of ca 0,45V to the O2 sensor, and any deviation from this voltage when starting a cold engine is interpreted as a faulty O2 sensor, and a fault message is recorded, and engine will run in open loop mode only (meaning no consideration for feedback from the O2 sensor). Prior to modification, the AF-XIED emitted a 'too lean' voltage to the ECU prior to the O2 sensor warmup. This voltage triggered the ECU voltage check and generated a fault code.

Nightrider, after being notified of the problem, stopped the sales for a few months until they had come up with a cure. And this has made the 'after cure' AF-XIED working on all the 1200's.

Do not worry about damp parades, I’m usually a bit Meatloaf on things (2 out of 3 ain’t bad)
Thanks for the proper and detailed explanation

Very strange situation, I have sometimes problem when bike hot find gear, so I decide to put AF-xied on number 8 now on 4th tank gas and gear change problem not had more even in very hot, is this just coincidence, or has more gas made bike cool, and affect gear change, I do not know, but something has changed.

I run mine on No 8 because I fitted decat headers, the bike runs great at that. Not sure if changing from 7 to 8 would affect the gear changing though, it may run slightly cooler.

I run mine on No 8 because I fitted decat headers, the bike runs great at that. Not sure if changing from 7 to 8 would affect the gear changing though, it may run slightly cooler.

Thank you, I can understand that, but again I have no idea what has changed, maybe I ride better in my head.

Very strange situation, I have sometimes problem when bike hot find gear, so I decide to put AF-xied on number 8 now on 4th tank gas and gear change problem not had more even in very hot, is this just coincidence, or has more gas made bike cool, and affect gear change, I do not know, but something has changed.

And now try 10/40 oil, this too will register a small improvement

Just fitted
No duty paid yet....

The parcel was labelled by customs no delivery until duty paid of £93 which included £12 handling charge. They delivered it today without prompting or payment.
It is highly possible i will receive a separate bill... Secured the units with some clear silicone.

Attachments

• AXFIED.jpg
    AXFIED.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 108
Thats good news. Run a couple of tanks through and let us know how its running. I think they come delivered set at 7 clicks.

Thats good news. Run a couple of tanks through and let us know how its running. I think they come delivered set at 7 clicks.

Yes and forget my gear change story, I just remember I change shifter with wundelich shifter, so different position is probably reeson. :blast

Back
Top Bottom