white lever on the back of the headlight

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whats that for then?

Was on a facebook site and they are saying it's for leveling the light when two up.. down for one and up for two??

Well my bike is self leveling so why do I have one.. Is it just to release the pressure so you can adjust the headlight?

My Manuals upstairs and I've been out riding since 6 so can't be bother to get it before someone comments :D

Your bike is self levelling (suspension that is) headlight is fixed, flip the lever when lugging unnecessary crap in the panniers or when two up + luggage.

PS. It is in the manual too, one must read it before operating the beast.

Release the pressure? What bloody pressure!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Release the pressure? What bloody pressure!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

The canbus pressure.

If you don't release the pressure from the canbus system before adjusting the headlamp beam angle, you'll burst the bulb.

okay, so they were half right .... didn't know about that for sure. with Mrs B on the back, the bike does adjust well as when she get's off at the petrol pump say, I find myself on tip-toes! but guess its as you say, you have full kit on there it will push down further needing the headlight to be lowered. So guess the 'normal' position is down? and you lift it up to lower the beam.

yes, got to take care of can-bus pressure, don't want the little electrons escaping :mmmm

Thats the problem with going out at 6, just fallen asleep in the garden and now have a nice red leg! :D

okay, so they were half right .... didn't know about that for sure. with Mrs B on the back, the bike does adjust well as when she get's off at the petrol pump say, I find myself on tip-toes! but guess its as you say, you have full kit on there it will push down further needing the headlight to be lowered. So guess the 'normal' position is down? and you lift it up to lower the beam.

yes, got to take care of can-bus pressure, don't want the little electrons escaping :mmmm

Thats the problem with going out at 6, just fallen asleep in the garden and now have a nice red leg! :D

Easy escape blame wife, I not so brave. :beerjug:

It’s to release the pressure of motorbike ownership. It will come to the fore when you go to change the bulb and dislodge the gubbins that holds the bulb in place, requiring you to dismantle the the front of the bike and prepare your drill for action. That white lever will be your only friend.

I thought it might to operate the rear seat ejector mechanism for when the other half exceeds normal audible levels :D

Not all GS’s come with self levelling suspension, it’s part of the upgrade options, so they put the adjuster on for bikes with no ESA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom