CB500x for Iceland an Norway

steele01

Reaction score
Hi guys hope we are all keeping well,

Just starting to look for the next bike once my rd250c is sold.

Really leaning towards a CB500X at the moment as I think the africa twin will be just outta my price range.

Liking the weight, fuel range an mpg on the CB500X. Looking at the 2019-20 version.

Just wondering who's had one what did you think etc. Last bike was the F800GS an the 1200gsa te.

Hoping to do a mix of on an off road(gravel stuff) in Iceland an Norway

Cheers,

Tom

You might enjoy this - August 14th on You Tube
https://youtu.be/vbrt_imxZB0
Tom[/QUOTE]

Hi guys hope we are all keeping well,

Just starting to look for the next bike once my rd250c is sold.

Really leaning towards a CB500X at the moment as I think the africa twin will be just outta my price range.

Liking the weight, fuel range an mpg on the CB500X. Looking at the 2019-20 version.

Just wondering who's had one what did you think etc. Last bike was the F800GS an the 1200gsa te.

Hoping to do a mix of on an off road(gravel stuff) in Iceland an Norway

Cheers,

One of the reasons i bought my CB500x last year was for my intended trip to Norway this year (cancelled because of some friggin germ) The bike is light and very nimble, performance is adequate- it will cruise along nicely at motorway speeds, but you need to keep it on the boil if riding quickly on the backroads. Tank range is an easy 250 miles, I regularly get over 70mpg and often 80+. I find it ideal for exploring the back roads of the Yorkshire dales and the lake district, the bike is good for plodding along at 40 to 50 mph and is undemanding and relaxing to ride. The clutch is very light and the gearbox smooth with neutral easy to find.
I've done some easy green laning on it without trouble, there's plenty of travel in the suspension for the tracks i use.
Feel free to PM me for more info, whereabouts in the northwest are you? I'm near to St Helens/Ormskirk in south Lancs.

sounds good mate Thanks for taking the time to reply near the cat and fiddle. Be cool to explore once the rd250c sells had a few enquiries today so hopefully wont be long

I'm in the North West too, and about to put an F650GS (800cc parallel twin) on the market... I bought it for exactly this kind of trip (my brother has a Enfield Himalayan and we were going to do this kind of trip together...). I have even prepped it with new tyres, fresh MOT etc... I thought the 800 BMW had a bit more "legs" for the faster A roads and motorway sections. You'll know what they re like after owning an 800 GS yourself.
However things have changed (bought a Motorhome!), and I no longer need the F650GS, it's unlikely we'll do it "that way" but use the Motorhome instead. I have a 1200GS too (and my Bro has just bought a Tiger 1050)
I'll be looking for £2.5k, 2009 bike. If you are interested let me know...

you'll recognise this place then :D

Attachments

• silverdale1.jpg
    silverdale1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 377
The 650 (800 twin) I'm selling

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 377
My AT DCT should be out back to standard in a few weeks and you could buy that at £6500. Complete bargain (unless I decide to keep it and sell my yamaha 700 tenere). I'm north west.

and another

Another vote for the F650GS. I did nearly 30,000 on my 08 F650 and other than chain tyres and a fRont bulb it was faultless. I currently run a F700gs rallye. The 800 will have longer legs when it comes to open roads and clearways. It will however be heavier than the 500 but not as heavy as an AT .

Back
Top Bottom