Hello folks

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok life story... this could take a while...what not all of it... oh ok :D

Male from Rochdale, age 50.
Currently own a CBR600F 2012, but its been accepted as a trade in for a BMW 1200 GS TE Exclusive 2017, which i should pick up this week (hope so i paid for it on Thursday!)

Been into bikes all my life, like most it started as a kid on scramblers and later trials bikes.

My road bikes have all been racing bikes until now, i never entertained adventure bikes although as we got older most of my mates did.
The odd comment arnt you too old for sports bikes, just made me buy another lol

However going away on the bikes and camping etc, using a tank bag, rucksack and strapping bags to the pillion seat got tiresome... so did the sore arse (from the bike before someone asks lol)

I was going to buy an Africa Twin, only reason is i see GS's everywhere i go i wanted something a little different.
After test riding the Honda and having a good look at it.... dont know why, it just didnt feel right.
So i swayed to the BMW
Now ive made the decision im actually looking forward to picking it up.
Already ordered the v6 sat nav which should be delivered tomorrow.
Im currently looking for panniers and top box, the bike didnt have any as the previous owner took them with him grrrr

Ive had a bit of a drama before i finally got a deposit on this bike.
Missed out on 2, the 3rd was over priced and the shop offered me a bum rape for my part ex. and when i asked for more or for him to drop the price of the bike... he suddenly became short and uninstrested. (only asked for £300 off)
Something didnt feel right so i walked away, if hes that awkward before i buy...what would he be like if i had a problem with a bike off him?
i do have to say a big thumbs up to Williams BMW Manchester, they have been simple to work with no hassle at all... which is why they get my money ;)
The sales guy was very honest.... yes really!
He showed me the bike and even pointed out a scuff that i hadnt seen... which was nice (him, not the scuff)
the scuff was on the engine bars and could be polished out tbh, he said because of that they was going to get removed and not replaced?
i told him to keep them on for me, which they have.
the bike is full of gadgets, first day ill be in the garage reading and poking buttons learning what they do!

which brings me on to why im here.
I will probably have questions :nenau and lots to learn about both the GS and adventures in general
so here is a good place to start :)

So hello to one and all :)

Welcome from an overseas oldie.:beerjug:
Lots of good info on here, lots of crap talked too! :blagblah:blagblah:blagblah
Pay your £12 and subscribe and get into the for sale section. As I recall there were some vario panniers for sale recently.

Hey up and welcome to ukGSer :beerjug:

As hatzjan says, it's well worth coughing up £12 just to get access to the For Sale section, lots of good stuff comes up all the time and I'm sure you'll find some panniers in there soon.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom