Cali' 3 indicator hiccup

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hopefully this will vanish and not become a problems.

Right hand indicator, some times it doesn't work when the switch is fully deflected to the right.

Sprayed switchgear ( through the switch opening) with WD40.

While the problem is actually happening, I've tried the hazard lights and they are OK.

Took the side cover off, to check the relay. It's an American made one, other 3 relays are Italian. Looked in the relay holder, terminals look clean, dribbled some wd 40 in them.

When the problem is happening, one odd thing is that the relay doesn't always make the tick tick relay noise, but, the indicators still flash. Would this indicate an earthing fault, although shirley... the tick tick from the relay is the bi-metalic strip making and breaking. Also the noticed that sometimes the indicator repeater on the dash sometimes seems to double flash.
Another odd thing is that after successfully turning the right indicator on, it will sometimes just stop by itself.

Any logical thoughts gentlemen?

Without going into searching for intermittent breaks in wiring or dubious earths, I should just buy another relay?

Logic and cheapskate thinking:

I'll look at the R/H indicators first, tale the lights out and look at the holders, etc.

Although, the bike is next to the garage door, which is facing the sun & is currently 52c, may give it a miss tonight.

OH, I couldn't help myself.

Removed lense, took out lights. Rubbed the end terminals on lights with wet and dry. Noticed on the right rear, that one of the terminals was a tad loose, adjustment made with pliers, then opened out again!

Put back together, all seems well.......

Back
Top Bottom