Cardo - pairing a phone and gps together

yofi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just received my packtalk slim. No matter what I do, I can't keep both the iphone 5 and Nav 6 pair at the same time - as soon as one is paired the other drops off. If I want to then pair the one that's dropped off I have to untake the pairing exercise again, but again, can't get the bluetooth 1 slot and the gps slot to function in parallel.

Any ideas?

Pair the phone to nav 6 and also pair the cardo to nav6.

The Nav 6 has two bluetooth channels to allow this. Your phone can only connect to one device.

Ian

The Nav 6 has two bluetooth channels to allow this. Your phone can only connect to one device.

Ian

Hey Ian, that worked! Fantastic! Thanks very much for your help :thumb

No Problem. I have a sena paired like this.

You can access your phone contacts on the NAV to make receive calls, you can also play MP3 from the nav. I have nav 5 but Im not sure if you can play music from your phone via the nav 6 to the headset (this cant be done on nav5)

I’ve had my Packtalk Slim for around 18 months now, and never had a problem like that with iPhone XS and Nav5. Are you running the latest sw update on all devices?

At the mo it would seem that linking in this way means you lose voice command.

Victor, yes latest firmware 5.7. Just tried again, can't connect them simultaneously.

edit: So, managed to get both paired together on the Cardo but when I do this I lose voice command. Currently have the nav on bucket 1, phone on bucket 2. Will try the other way round if I can get a hang of it, but what a faff.

Ian

I have my iPhone 6s paired to my Nav VI and to my Packtalk. The Nav is also paired to my Packtalk. When I'm riding my bike and using my Nav, the phone calls come through the Nav. But if I have the bike switched off, or I am riding a bike without my Nav, the phone works with the Packtalk with no issues. The Packtalk has two A2DP channels to pair phones and GPSs. If you want to you pair phone to channel one, then when you want to pair the GPS so start to use channel two, then you tap the jogger wheel to let the Packtalk know you want to pair a gps specifically and not another phone or audio device(Can't remember the sequence, but there are loads of vid showing how to do this)

Well, thanks everyone for their help here. I somehow managed to pair the iphone to channel 1 and the nav to channel 2 (nav is also connected to phone), and in that way they are connected simultaneously (in a way that I couldn't achieve via phone on channel 1 and the sat nav on gps). All I can say is that the voice commands appear to work as expected, e.g. depending on whether I have the music open on my phone or nav, and can do speed dials and take incomings. Not sure yet whether it achieves the convenience that casbar has outlined but I'll experiment further!

Well, thanks everyone for their help here. I somehow managed to pair the iphone to channel 1 and the nav to channel 2 (nav is also connected to phone), and in that way they are connected simultaneously (in a way that I couldn't achieve via phone on channel 1 and the sat nav on gps). All I can say is that the voice commands appear to work as expected, e.g. depending on whether I have the music open on my phone or nav, and can do speed dials and take incomings. Not sure yet whether it achieves the convenience that casbar has outlined but I'll experiment further!

I have done the same as you, but if I understand you have in effect connected two mobile phones, so when you start up, does it say "mobile phone 1 connected" and "mobile phone 2 connected". I think I have mobile on channel 1 and GPS on channel two, but it was so long ago I did it I'm not sure. But when I boot up, it says "mobile phone 1 connected" then "GPS connected" But if it works, leave it :)

I have done the same as you, but if I understand you have in effect connected two mobile phones, so when you start up, does it say "mobile phone 1 connected" and "mobile phone 2 connected". I think I have mobile on channel 1 and GPS on channel two, but it was so long ago I did it I'm not sure. But when I boot up, it says "mobile phone 1 connected" then "GPS connected" But if it works, leave it :)

The advantage of connecting the phone to Nav and Headset to Nav is that your phone contacts are available on the navigator making dialing easy also incoming calls put the caller ID on the navigator so you can decide to accept or ignore the caller. The other method allows voice dialing but its not always accurate and you dont get caller ID on the nav.

Ian

The advantage of connecting the phone to Nav and Headset to Nav is that your phone contacts are available on the navigator making dialing easy also incoming calls put the caller ID on the navigator so you can decide to accept or ignore the caller. The other method allows voice dialing but its not always accurate and you dont get caller ID on the nav.

Ian

The disadvantage is, I ride different bikes (Blood Bikes) all have different Navs, some do not take my Nav VI. Also quite often I am away from the bike with my helmet on, when picking up or delivering, so if I only had the Nav VI connection I wouldn't be able to use my phone through my bluetooth. The way I have it setup, I can always take calls or check in without removing my helmet.

Back
Top Bottom