MS Windows10: DHCP not enabled.

Two wheels good

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
MS W10: DHCP not enabled.

A Windows 10 laptop with mobile broadband: Persistent errors trying to access websites, though some succeed eventually.
ipconfig /all states DHCP enabled : No
Pinging common websites fails.

The connection is set to "obtain IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS automatically."
No difference with IPv6 disabled/enabled. (Should it be enabled?)

Oddly all other connections on the PC have DHCP enabled - despite not being connected.

What have I missed? Solution(s) invited please.

MS W10: DHCP not enabled.

A Windows 10 laptop with mobile broadband: Persistent errors trying to access websites, though some succeed eventually.
ipconfig /all states DHCP enabled : No
Pinging common websites fails.

The connection is set to "obtain IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS automatically."
No difference with IPv6 disabled/enabled. (Should it be enabled?)

Oddly all other connections on the PC have DHCP enabled - despite not being connected.

What have I missed? Solution(s) invited please.

Can you ping 8.8.8.8 to see if the connection works? If the connections is set for auto IP and DNS, then DHCP is enabled

Ipconfig will show the status of all connections, what is the description two lines above DHCP Enabled: No?

Thanks
Ping 8.8.8.8 worked on second attempt.
Description . HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Network Card #2

It was working reliably earler. Until I made an attempt to reply here and then same problem.
Poor speed on connection too. Disconnect/re-connect no improvement

All the while ipconfig states: DHCP enabled : No Even when working (more) reliably.
It is an old router that I think I should replace. But this problem doesn't appear on another machine.

Thanks
Ping 8.8.8.8 worked on second attempt.
Description . HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Network Card #2

It was working reliably earler. Until I made an attempt to reply here and then same problem.
Poor speed on connection too. Disconnect/re-connect no improvement

All the while ipconfig states: DHCP enabled : No Even when working (more) reliably.
It is an old router that I think I should replace. But this problem doesn't appear on another machine.

I'd replace the router first if you have doubts about it, Windows networking is probably now a good bit more reliable than an old router.

Go into settings on the router and disable DHCP

Reeboot & reset the router back to stock ( paperclip in the reset slot type reset reboot) the router and re- enable DHCP

ping a few sites.

If no joy check this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/15089/windows-change-tcp-ip-settings

it may be your router it on it's last legs

ask you isp for a new one or splash the cash on somthing better

Go into settings on the router and disable DHCP

Reeboot & reset the router back to stock ( paperclip in the reset slot type reset reboot) the router and re- enable DHCP

ping a few sites.

If no joy check this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/15089/windows-change-tcp-ip-settings

it may be your router it on it's last legs

ask you isp for a new one or splash the cash on somthing better

Carefully taking note of any ISP specific settings before hard resetting it.

Carefully taking note of any ISP specific settings before hard resetting it.

Not really most of the isp stuff is hard coded into non volatile flash rom ,

they get fed up with numpties ringing up as they dont know the passwords, following a reset

Back
Top Bottom