Sena SRL

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Boring fact - The SRL in my J-Cruise 2 is ‘louder’ than in my Neotec 2.
I’m still waiting for the new SRL unit to arrive to fit to my J-Cruise 2 so nicked the kit from my Neotec 2, as I’m now on a solo trip in France and wanted some music .
As the J-Cruise is an open face albeit with a big visor, I assumed the clarity would be diminished due more background/wind noise etc.
But it’s not the case and I can hear music clearly a good 10mph faster than in the Neotec.
No idea why but it’s a bonus .

Are the speakers in a different place, relative to your ears?

Beyond the obvious, is the core construction of the helmet fundamentally different?

Are the speakers in a different place, relative to your ears?

Beyond the obvious, is the core construction of the helmet fundamentally different?

Pretty sure speakers in same place judging by the exact length of the wiring in relation to the speakers and mike.

That’s good to know, as the SRL in my Neotec isn’t very loud. Music seems to be ok up to about 70, radio (either via the BBC sounds app, or Radioplayer app) is ok up to about 40mph. I’ve not had a chance to try the intercom or phone features yet.

That’s good to know, as the SRL in my Neotec isn’t very loud. Music seems to be ok up to about 70, radio (either via the BBC sounds app, or Radioplayer app) is ok up to about 40mph. I’ve not had a chance to try the intercom or phone features yet.

Have you tried the app. I believe there are some extra 'boost' type settings for it. Ha entire needed it in my Neo2...plenty loud enough even with my earplugs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the app. I believe there are some extra 'boost' type settings for it. Ha entire needed it in my Neo2...plenty loud enough even with my earplugs in.

Agreed , and I’m a bit deaf from flying noisy jets back in the 90s so nutty must be really deaf.
Using J Cruise 2 today and cruising the COVID hotspots of Brittany , I could hear music fine at 75 mph

Yep, I’ve played with the settings, and turned everything to max.

Agreed , and I’m a bit deaf from flying noisy jets back in the 90s so nutty must be really deaf.
Using J Cruise 2 today and cruising the COVID hotspots of Brittany , I could hear music fine at 75 mph

Pardon? :D

Speaker placement is the most likely reason.
When Autocom first came out (30 years ago?) they stressed the need to get the speakers in the right place properly opposite the ear canal.
Now we have dedicated comms for particular helmets positioning is decided more by the helmet design than the user.
Suggest you explore this aspect further.

tom

Back
Top Bottom