Mid-Wales Loop with outstanding Drone footage

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My daughter's partner, Hayden, recently caught the GS bug whilst having a go on my '02 R1150GS ... it was a very expensive tryout which resulted in his purchase of a 1250!!

At the end of last month we had a superb one-day rideout on some well-established biking routes: from Cardiff > Ogmore Vale > Rhigos > Ystradfelte > Upper Chapel > Abergwesyn > Tregaron > Elan Valley reservoirs > Rhyadar > Builth > Erwood > Clyro > Hay Bluff > Usk then home.

250 glorious miles, manily on back roads; Hayden shot this tremendous footage of an old crock on an 1150 leading the way. Excellent Drone footage at 8:28 and 25:32.

Wales at its very best. Hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/VGpR62U7ims

Fantastic footage Dave of some of my favourite roads anywhere :bow
Must try and get out and do some of those roads in the next week or two.

Fantastic footage Dave of some of my favourite roads anywhere :bow
Must try and get out and do some of those roads in the next week or two.

Hayden is from Hampshire and is completely blown away by the roads and beauty of Wales. We forget what we have on our doorstep sometimes:clap:clap:clap

There’s something missing......

You haven’t posted the Tracks file from Hayden’s Nav VI so a few of us can discover those lovely roads! :D

Very good, thanks for posting. :thumb

I love riding in Wales, and will get back very soon.

There’s something missing......

You haven’t posted the Tracks file from Hayden’s Nav VI so a few of us can discover those lovely roads! :D

You could use the list and a map. Part of the wonder of that area is turning down a road you have not travelled before and see where it goes. It is impossible to get lost as it is such a small area, you eventually hit a main road. Or occasional dead end.

Glad to say I have ridden all of those. I did a 250 mile round trip to Aberaeron & back recently on some of them, just to have fish & chips!

Andy B .... I'm no expert with this but I think this file contains all the tracks you'll need ....

Attachments

• Active Log: 2020-07-31 17:32.GPX
    52.2 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for sharing that. Really enjoyed it! Weather looks like it couldn't have been better and it really sells that countryside!!! Fabulous.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Awesome video, very impressive drone footage - the views of the dam is amazing. Thanks for posting. Lovely roads up round there I used to ride a lot!

What drone please.
I have a Yuneec 500 which needs a volvo estate car to transport around , so something bike portable would be better..
Thanks
D

What drone please.
I have a Yuneec 500 which needs a volvo estate car to transport around , so something bike portable would be better..
Thanks
D

Jeez, what else do you want to chuck in that wardrobe on the back of your bike ......

Jeez, what else do you want to chuck in that wardrobe on the back of your bike ......

Its very useful.....for filtering on the m25. 'Ts OK for you with your slim Jim panniers!
Did you get your suspension fixed?
D

Back
Top Bottom