Sena 10U in small size Neotec I fitment

barny

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Gents looking for help, I has just acquired a Mk1 Neotec and I am looking at fitting a Sena 10U, but on the Sportsbike shop web site it notes "will not fit size S or XS helmet". Now has anyone actually fitted the 10U V2 to a small size Mk1 Neotec. The only thing I can see being a problem when compared to a friends GT air 2 (only comparison I have) is the cheek pad on the Neotec is too short. If it does not fit i'll probably get a 30K.

Barny

Is it the 10U-SH-12 you mean, Barny, the integral one for the Neotec1?
If so, they state it won't fit but it's not really a problem, (as long as you don't mind performing an easy modification).

You're correct in saying it's the cheek pad at fault, but it's the thickness of it that's the issue (with it being a smaller size, there is thicker foam).
The intercom control pad fastens on this area with two tabs that push down between the lining and outer shell.

On mine, which is a Large, it was no problem. However, with the thicker cheekpad of a small size, the tabs will not reach over the additional width.
When fitting one to my partner's XS Neotec, I just cut off the two plastic tabs using a blade. I then stuck some self adhesive velcro onto the underside of the controller.
This will then stick to the cheekpad lining, job done.

Hope that helps

Med.

Med

Thanks for getting back, I'll get one now I know it's do-able. I only had my friends helmet to compare. Regarding the Sena part no you are right the 10U-SH-12 is the correct one but for some reason Sportsbike shop have it as 10U V2 https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/413912.

Many thanks

Barny

I've done 2 in a small size. Recommend using hot glue to hold in place the plate that fits behind the cheek pad. Or, it'll move around in use. :D

And when you get it, make sure you update to the latest software. Simple to do.

Back
Top Bottom