BMW G650X Exhaust Header

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a batch of stainless steel (or titanium depending on price) exhaust headers made

The Akrapovic headers are no longer available from BMW and the standard headers have no supplier delivery date so again may not be available

The custom headers will be made in five sections TIG welded together same as the Akrapovic and will be supplied with new stainless steel header studs and copper nuts

I may also be able to supply either a black powder coated (or carbon fibre dipped) heatshield

If anyone is interested in one of these please post up here as the more I order the cheaper they will be

Obviously no commitment to buy yet just a stated interest until I get the price confirmed

Here is a picture of the Akrapovic which will be the basis for the custom header :

Cheers

John

Yep I'm in John. Great idea, price depending obviously. Cheers Steve.

The Akrapovic size John?

1mm larger diameter than standard?

:beerjug:

Very interested, thanks.

Off to see the potential exhaust manufacturer next Wednesday so should get an idea of price etc .....

I'll post an update once I have something.....

Is the Remus header also oversize? The back end of the pipe is certainly larger than standard and it has a lot more volume.... but they are made of cheese and tissue paper. The end silencer is paper thin aluminium. Not impressed. Cheap tat.

Is the Remus header also oversize? The back end of the pipe is certainly larger than standard and it has a lot more volume.... but they are made of cheese and tissue paper. The end silencer is paper thin aluminium. Not impressed. Cheap tat.

Indeed so Simon :thumb

The Remus headers are standard size where they leave the cylinder head, but belled out to 1mm larger as they leave ....

The Ackro, and John's I presume, will be that 1mm larger for the full length.

I lost one BHP but gained six or seven FtLbs torque using the Ackro system over the Remus :thumb

:beerjug:

My Remus has just blown the end can clean off - ripped it through the silencer material, hence my comment about it being made of cheese!
I have a standard header to fit that a Scorpion can will fit to. That will have to do, because I can't afford the rest. I only use about 35hp of whatever is available anyway and I wouldn't notice the additional torque, she pulls a 17 tooth front sprocket at the moment and still goes into top happily at about 45mph. The X Country is a good bit lighter and is running a 16 tooth. That big fuel tank, 1200 screen and lighting, plus the bigger forks add a noticable amount f weight.

I have now confirmed a supplier for replacement headers who can make an Akrapovic look a like out of stainless steel tube . I am getting an initial run of six made which will be available in 4-6 weeks time . Price wise we are looking at £150 delivered (UK Mainland address). Price includes new header stainless steel studs and copper nuts . Your existing heat shield will bolt straight on to the new header . If you want one of these headers then I’ll need a £50 deposit to secure then once I get them the balance before I post them out . Two are already spoken for so the remaining four are on a first come first served basis . If I get requests for more I can get a second batch made but they will obviously take a bit longer to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have now confirmed a supplier for replacement headers who can make an Akrapovic look a like out of stainless steel tube . I am getting an initial run of six made which will be available in 4-6 weeks time . Price wise we are looking at £150 delivered (UK Mainland address). Price includes new header stainless steel studs and copper nuts . Your existing heat shield will bolt straight on to the new header . If you want one of these headers then I’ll need a £50 deposit to secure then once I get them the balance before I post them out . Two are already spoken for so the remaining four are on a first come first served basis . If I get requests for more I can get a second batch made but they will obviously take a bit longer to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of the four already sold so last two remaining ones up for grabs

Hi John, deposit sent, cheers many thanks.

Last one of this batch now sold

If there is anyone else who wants one , I will order a second batch if there is enough demand

I'd like to be added to the list if you do another batch please!

Back
Top Bottom