higher miles africa twins

steele01

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope we are all keeping good, hopefully might have my rd250c sold later in the week got a few people coming to look at it so the planning is on now for Norway an Iceland next year.

Pretty much decided the 2019-20 CB500X is gonna be the right mix of bike for me with the upgrade path of putting spoke wheels on it via Rally Raid.

Having said that sticking with the Honda Theme noticed a few medium - high miles AT's kicking around just at the top of my budget which might be a outside possibility. Especially if one came up private judging by what the dealers have them on at.

Curious for anyone that's had a 2016 AT an clocked up some miles what have you done what issues have you hit, was reading about the stiction issue on, what sorta miles do the clutches go pop etc.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I’ve only done just over 20k on mine now (2016). It had the switchgear and the centre stand circlip replaced under warranty.
I’ve Alpina wheels fitted, so my oe ones are in a box as new. I had the valve service done this past winter at 18,300 miles and everything was within spec.

But that’s it, all is well and I don’t expect any other issues anytime soon.

I take it my low mileage minter is outside your budget then?

there's a German guy on Facebook and he has done serious miles on his dct , something like 200,000 miles. with NO issues

by the end of September there should be a good choice of bikes for you with all the pcp margin bikes coming back

Back
Top Bottom