A Potter Around the Vercors.

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This trip was supposed to happen in June, with my girlfriend’s lovely arse on the pillion seat of my Road King Special.
Then covid hit.
She was supposed to be coming this week, then the French quarantine was imminent.
She could have come but, as a paramedic, there were issues with her going back to work,despite being an essential worker.So I’m solo.
I needed to get to Brittany to pay a builder and sort some stuff out and staying out of the UK as much as possible is a good thing for me.
So here I am.
Spent the weekend in Brittany,having come over late last week.

The plan is to spend about four nights in the Vercors, with a stop enroute each way.Once I’m there I’m going to have a couple of days exploring the various balcony roads,having only really done the Combe Laval in the past and then head south and over Mont Ventoux,following something like the shaded area of the route below,which Wapping flagged up recently :

2f42629eb685161e90e66c9438683de4.jpg

I’m not planning any food pics and no ketchup will be consumed !!

Today was an 8am start and head down to Bourges,where I stopped last year, on the way to meet Evskij.

Roughly 300 miles,all back roads and routing via Angers then down the Loire Valley through Saumur and Chinon.

Typical early morning mist in Brittany soon gave way to better weather in the Loire :

5adcb7c68b5683ffc2775f7b2d349169.jpg

307644478b739c929d164b77b9d65fe5.plist

Quick pic in Saumur then leg it before the shower caught up

d871d1d9c2be5349f34b2dd8ae1b6151.plist

Just fabulous, pottering along at around 60mph, on the perfect bike for these roads and views, with Roger Hodgson playing live in the helmet speakers :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qmWC5dGVvH4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More back roads :

9021c922713e497fed0a40181187ed45.jpg

Then arrived at my campsite for the night :

584313c85e9393c13515d584e88461a7.jpg

Restaurant/breakfast room not too shabby :

7ad342c72a96fb3bfdab5cd0874c18b8.jpg

Beer and probably a pizza tonight at a cracking little Italian I went to last year.

Then tomorrow it’s 280 miles of back roads to Rencurel in the Vercors,to stay a few nights at Engineer’s favourite hotel.Just hope the fucker’s not there :)

So far the RKS has exceeded all expectations .Less is more !!!

I left the sissy bar in the UK and the rear rack in Brittany.
The forecast for the Vercors is cracking :

So I’ll probably remove the screen as well,done in about 30 seconds.

More to come another day.....

Have a good trip..My trip to France will now hopefully happen next year.

Enjoy your trip, and look forward to seeing your waistcoat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fab pics, coming round to travelling on a Harley, Bike looks fab

Nice 'camp site'; I'd like to bookmark that, looks fabulous, what/where was it?

How are you getting on with the big old 'Merkin' lump?

Andres

Nice 'camp site'; I'd like to bookmark that, looks fabulous, what/where was it?

How are you getting on with the big old 'Merkin' lump?

Andres

Mercure in Bourges called Hotel du Bourbon.

RKS is fabulous.
Suspension a tad firm but otherwise great . The motor is lovely and my Le Pera seat is all day comfy . The riding position gives me a slight tightness between the shoulders just like the Audace did but it never gets uncomfortable.
I would have said that I wouldn’t want it as an only bike , but actually I could !

I do hope you remembered your leather chaps, and waistcoat badges :ymca :comfort

Mercure in Bourges called Hotel du Bourbon.

RKS is fabulous.
Suspension a tad firm but otherwise great . The motor is lovely and my Le Pera seat is all day comfy . The riding position gives me a slight tightness between the shoulders just like the Audace did but it .........................

Fab, thanks :)

Gotta say it does look a fun old lump to be wandering around those roads on :thumb2

Andres

It’s perfect . You could do it at 138 mph on a Ducati but what’s the point ?

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

No it’s not. “The riding position gives me a slight tightness between the shoulders”. :nenau

:JB

It’s perfect . You could do it at 138 mph on a Ducati but what’s the point ?

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

7a0c77395b6526887441227419635be0.jpg

Great calzone

We only have your word that the calzone was good...where’s the picture, you know you took one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks shite.

Good evening VLT.
How the devil are you ?
How’s the Tinder search going ?
Don’t suppose there’s much call for a fat ugly ginger cûnt with zero personality and a chip on each shoulder.
You might be better off on Grinder ?

Back
Top Bottom