Cooling fan

Hoseman

Reaction score
Recently jumped ship to a 1250rt after 6 years on a GSA, only done 200miles so too early to draw to many conclusions but one thing I've noticed is the cooling fan seems to be a lot more sensitive. As soon as i hit any traffic its on, definitely wasn't the case on my GSA. Anyone else noticed this on the 1250RT/GS?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Recently jumped ship to a 1250rt after 6 years on a GSA, only done 200miles so too early to draw to many conclusions but one thing I've noticed is the cooling fan seems to be a lot more sensitive. As soon as i hit any traffic its on, definitely wasn't the case on my GSA. Anyone else noticed this on the 1250RT/GS?

Hopefully only (more so) in the warmer weather (higher ambient). It's a VERY small quantity of water circulating - so yes , this will be a "problem" (maybe feature a better word) . Not much different to other LC models I would have guessed (Fairing design may make a difference RT vs GS / GSA)
As long as it goes off reasonably quickly , and your water level is ok (did you check?) - all should be grand.

Can only compare my 1250RT to previous 1200RS but yes, the temperature rises more quickly when stationary or slow moving in warm weather on the RT, but the fan seems able to cope.

Hopefully only (more so) in the warmer weather (higher ambient). It's a VERY small quantity of water circulating - so yes , this will be a "problem" (maybe feature a better word) . Not much different to other LC models I would have guessed (Fairing design may make a difference RT vs GS / GSA)
As long as it goes off reasonably quickly, and your water level is ok (did you check?) - all should be grand.

Thanks for reply. Yes water level fine but did take some finding on the RT(tiny window). Since been out in lower temps, mid to high teens celsius & the RT(1250) is definitely more fan happy that my old WC GSA. No sign that fan isn't on top of the cooling, it just noticeably different from old boxer.
Incidentally the fan cuts in at 7th bar on the scale out of ten whereas the 1200WC cuts in at 99c/100c. I know we're comparing apples with oranges here but does seem to cut in earlier. Just I quirk I noticed no doubt ill cease to notice as we head into the cooler months.

Thanks for reply. Yes water level fine but did take some finding on the RT(tiny window). Since been out in lower temps, mid to high teens celsius & the RT(1250) is definitely more fan happy that my old WC GSA. No sign that fan isn't on top of the cooling, it just noticeably different from old boxer.
Incidentally the fan cuts in at 7th bar on the scale out of ten whereas the 1200WC cuts in at 99c/100c. I know we're comparing apples with oranges here but does seem to cut in earlier. Just I quirk I noticed no doubt ill cease to notice as we head into the cooler months.

7th bar on the temp gauge is indeed 101/102C on my 1200RT lc, where my fan cuts in. You can tell if you set the Nav on the dashboard mode with all the info boxes.

Not noticed any abnormal frequency of running. But Imdont run a 1250 yet. My fan cuts in often enough in the summer in the traffic, but so was my previous GSA LC and the K1600 before it.

7th bar on the temp gauge is indeed 101/102C on my 1200RT lc, where my fan cuts in. You can tell if you set the Nav on the dashboard mode with all the info boxes.

Not noticed any abnormal frequency of running. But Imdont run a 1250 yet. My fan cuts in often enough in the summer in the traffic, but so was my previous GSA LC and the K1600 before it.
Good to know, cheers, only have a Nav 4 so dont get this data.

Back
Top Bottom