Thinking of joining the party

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Superduke GT going saturday . Now the seat height is available a bit lower on the africa twin going to have a test ride next week.

So my question is : where is the side stand mounted, engine or the frame, Is standing on the pegs an option when getting on the bike.
At 5'9 and a dodgy back just looking at my options.
Cheers
Bob

Standing on the pegs is fine. I'm only a smidge taller than you and have an Adventure Sports, always stand on the pegs to get on. The Adv Sport might be too tall but the standard models should be fine.

Superduke GT going saturday . Now the seat height is available a bit lower on the africa twin going to have a test ride next week.

So my question is : where is the side stand mounted, engine or the frame, Is standing on the pegs an option when getting on the bike.
At 5'9 and a dodgy back just looking at my options.
Cheers
Bob

Have you taken leave of your senses......leaving a Duke GT for an AT? At 5' 9'' with a bad back you need KTM 790 Adv. Go try

I went from a GT to AT and mine has the RR 17/19 wheel combo so seat heat is slightly lower and I have two bulged discs and a trapped nerve and depend heavily on the meds, I’m away that mo, Scotland on the bike and have come to the conclusion the AT is to heavy, pushing it backwards and getting it up level off the side stand with panniers fitted is too much.

Today I swapped bikes with my mate, 790 duke, this made me realise I need a lighter bike, so I’m going back to a 2030 GT or a 950 multi S.

I'm the same height as yourself and I always stood on the pegs to get on my ATAS but be warned if you are getting an ATAS pre 2020 model they are very tall and one has to be alert to where one parks up cause if you park up on a certain hairpin on the Furka pass you may need your mate to shove you over a bit to get the sidestand up..

DAMHIK :blast

I went from a GT to AT and mine has the RR 17/19 wheel combo so seat heat is slightly lower and I have two bulged discs and a trapped nerve and depend heavily on the meds, I’m away that mo, Scotland on the bike and have come to the conclusion the AT is to heavy, pushing it backwards and getting it up level off the side stand with panniers fitted is too much.

Today I swapped bikes with my mate, 790 duke, this made me realise I need a lighter bike, so I’m going back to a 2030 GT or a 950 multi S.

Get the 950 Multi S, you’ll love it. ;)

Have you taken leave of your senses......leaving a Duke GT for an AT? At 5' 9'' with a bad back you need KTM 790 Adv. Go try

haha No senses are o.k. As I say it's justa process..The GT i've had almost 3 years , never explored the full potential of the bike and despite many bullshitters unless your on track you can't fully and just fancy a more sedate ride , time of life I guess.
Anyway , just fancy a change something more upright that i can have a stretch (stand up on the pegs) on whist riding instead of stopping and getting off the bike.
Nothing is off the cards so will probably look at a test on the multi,and 790 and the Africa twin.

I'm 5'9 and I have the standard seat set on the low position on the 1100 ATAS. It's super comfortable, my eye line is just above the top of the screen set in it's lowest position.

You could always swap the sidestand for the CamelADV Camel Toe

I've got one and its very strong

Back
Top Bottom