Recommend me a Printer

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 6 year old (might be older) HP Photosmart 6510 has stopped printing. Genuine New ink, cleaned print heads, etc. Still nothing.

HP web support suggested removing print head and cleaning it. Unfortunately this printer has a non serviceable print head.

Anyway, I am after a descent A4 (possibly A3) printer/scanner/copier, that has wireless printing facility. I guess most of them do that anyway nowadays.

Would prefer something that has low running costs such as cost of ink.

Looked at the likes of Which? sites, but I am not convinced by them.

Any personal experiences with printers purchased in the last 6-12 months (due to availability) be an ideal recommendation.

Thanks.

EV

Epson Ecotank series.

Good printers and super cheap on ink. Fill 'em up once a year for £20 and you are golden!

It depends how much money you are prepared to spend but we bought a Toshiba laser printer copier scanner for at home when covid lock down was likely

I cant remember the exact model number but it is very very good cost was about £600 though

Hate inkjet printers - nozzles blocking etc - if you can get away with black and white and fancy going paperless - buy a MFD - my preferred unit is a HP M428fdw - why? allows scan to various devices - pc's network etc - but most important allows you to drop on multiple documents to scan - and in one pass scans both sides and saves you a multi page pdf. I stand by mine as I open my mail - scan and shred.

Hate inkjet printers - nozzles blocking etc - if you can get away with black and white and fancy going paperless - buy a MFD - my preferred unit is a HP M428fdw - why? allows scan to various devices - pc's network etc - but most important allows you to drop on multiple documents to scan - and in one pass scans both sides and saves you a multi page pdf. I stand by mine as I open my mail - scan and shred.

I am not familiar with the laser printers. Low capacity cartridge suggests 3000 page life. Do these cartridges dry out if not used for a while? I recall some cartridges come with ink in the form of powder. Does this apply to the printer you mentioning?

If it not to much of a bother. Can you possibly measure the actual footprint (excluding any overhangs on the sides) it takes up? I’ve a filing unit with a locking mechanism that I would not want to cover for obvious reasons.

It depends how much money you are prepared to spend but we bought a Toshiba laser printer copier scanner for at home when covid lock down was likely

I cant remember the exact model number but it is very very good cost was about £600 though

I’m not sure I can justify a £600 printer for light office use and occasional home use.
However I do know that Toshiba and Kyocera printers are big sellers in the proper office industry. Must be a good reason behind that.

I am not familiar with the laser printers. Low capacity cartridge suggests 3000 page life. Do these cartridges dry out if not used for a while? I recall some cartridges come with ink in the form of powder. Does this apply to the printer you mentioning?

If it not to much of a bother. Can you possibly measure the actual footprint (excluding any overhangs on the sides) it takes up? I’ve a filing unit with a locking mechanism that I would not want to cover for obvious reasons.

Laser use a toner cartridge - I avoid original manufacturer - way way cheaper than inkjet - a toner probably doing 6000 pages is usually about 25quid.

I'll get Steve my mate to measure his - I have the older version which has been fantastic.

Laser use a toner cartridge - I avoid original manufacturer - way way cheaper than inkjet - a toner probably doing 6000 pages is usually about 25quid.

I'll get Steve my mate to measure his - I have the older version which has been fantastic.

Thanks.

So far buying direct from HP site, seem to be cheapest option.

Xerox all day, can be a little on the pricey side for some models but for me their multi-function devices are far better quality than most if not all. I've had 2, and both my brother and sister also have Xerox devices, although my sisters is just a B&W laser printer.

Mine is:

The bottom part (not lid) 39cm wide x 33cm high x 36cm front to back. Total height (inc lid) is 33cm and lid is 43cm wide by 40 front to back.

I don't use it much but it's great being able to print from any I pad/phone/Mac book etc wirelessly.

The scanning function is also fantastic

Thanks

Mine is:

The bottom part (not lid) 39cm wide x 33cm high x 36cm front to back. Total height (inc lid) is 33cm and lid is 43cm wide by 40 front to back.

I don't use it much but it's great being able to print from any I pad/phone/Mac book etc wirelessly.

The scanning function is also fantastic

Thanks

Splendid, thank you.

I bought HP Envy 7100 All in One. Couldn't find a printer for love nor money in my range during llockdown. Love this one. You can print from anywhere if you set it up fully. WiFi printing, HP ink gets posted out to you before you run out. £1.99 a month. Loads of codes on the internet which you can enter to get free months printing. I got 3 months free already. And have spare cartridges on the shelf. Great service, easy interface and works when I need it. Scan, print, Scan to pdf etc. I now print more random things easily like recipes etc, straight from web and more often. I'd recommend this.
https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/l/?jumpid=in_r11549_supportweb

My Ecotank is shite. It’s never printed cleanly since day 1

Strange. Mine has done great. Mainly black and white stuff, but regular colour and photos on photo paper have all been good.

Have you run through the maintenance submenus and done the cleaning routine a few times? With ours, it got really, really hot from being in a closed conservatory once and took a bit of cleaning to get it back working properly again. It didn't like 50C+......

It didn't like 50C+......

I wonder if my HP did not like the heatwave too. as i got home one day and it was flashing like a christmas tree and only responded after a complete restart.

Strange. Mine has done great. Mainly black and white stuff, but regular colour and photos on photo paper have all been good.

Have you run through the maintenance submenus and done the cleaning routine a few times? With ours, it got really, really hot from being in a closed conservatory once and took a bit of cleaning to get it back working properly again. It didn't like 50C+......

Yup many times

Yup many times

I have an HP 7740, latest one is 7750 i think big beast but works great. A full set of genuine ink will be around £90- £100 but lasts for ages. Printer is around £150 i got a deal from them and got £40 cash back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom