Bridgestone A41 tyres

Orbit

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I picked up a 2018 Triple Black last week from up in Aberdeen. New tyres had just been fitted, Bridgestone A41’s.

I’ve been riding two an from work everyday in the pouring rain 99% of the time !

I have to say they are the most appalling tyre I’ve ever used on the Gs and I had 12 of them!

In the wet they’re truly shocking sliding and wriggling about at every opportunity and I’m only bimbling along through the country lanes!

Had Avon Spirit ST’s before and before the Metzeler Roadtec 01’s which were incredible tyres.

I can’t wait to get them off!! Anyone else have issues with the Bridgestone’s?

I didn’t particularly gel with them on mine. I even preferred the Anakee 3 to them. The front wore out before the rear. Currently running Continental TA3, which are probably the best tyre I have had on a GS/GSA.

Had the A41s on, front wore out before the rear, Avon Trail Rider before which were far far better wet or dry. Two rears to one front Now on Conti Trail Attack 3 which are great.

We all have our likes & dislikes, but I'm surprised they are that bad TBH, assuming they are well scrubbed in.

I'm wondering if they are the correct fit for the bike - I think they do the A41 TL in a Q, V & W speed rating in 2 sizes for your bike. May be worth checking.

Yep a41 came on my new 2018 gs,first time i have taken a set of tyres off before they were worn out, truly dreadful esp in damp and wet.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Yep a41 came on my new 2018 gs,first time i have taken a set of tyres off before they were worn out, truly dreadful esp in damp and wet.

And lets not forget the noise

Too right! Constant whine! I’m actively seeking a new set of tyres as I don’t think I can cope with them. Such a waste really as they’ve only done 750 miles! Metzeler Roadtec 01’s are my favourite but could be persuaded to try the Conti’s.

I'm glad you posted this Orbit, as I have A41's fitted on my Tiger 900 that I've had for a couple of months and I hate them in the wet, they way they slide over any drain covers is truly scary. I know tyres are a personal thing but I was beginning to think it's me. Can't wait t junk them for something else, but want to go to a 80/20 tyre rather than a pure road tyre so looking at Pirelli Scorpion STR's (If i can find stock).

RBW.

I picked up a 2018 Triple Black last week from up in Aberdeen. New tyres had just been fitted, Bridgestone A41’s.

I’ve been riding two an from work everyday in the pouring rain 99% of the time !

I have to say they are the most appalling tyre I’ve ever used on the Gs and I had 12 of them!

In the wet they’re truly shocking sliding and wriggling about at every opportunity and I’m only bimbling along through the country lanes!

Had Avon Spirit ST’s before and before the Metzeler Roadtec 01’s which were incredible tyres.

Too right! Constant whine! I’m actively seeking a new set of tyres as I don’t think I can cope with them. Such a waste really as they’ve only done 750 miles! Metzeler Roadtec 01’s are my favourite but could be persuaded to try the Conti’s.

Hey Orbit,
if your A41s are a 72V rear and a 60V front i will gladly buy them off you if you want to change them, the A41 is my tyre of choice.
Let me know
Stu

After years of Michelins and Metzlers on sportsbike and 2 XR's, my 1250 GS came with the A41 Bridgestones

After previous experiences (not too good) with Bridgestone OE tyres I was a little disappointed when piking the bike up, but to be fair 3300 miles further on in all conditions and I have been very pleased with them

I'm glad the front wearing out before the back has been brought up on the forum as I thought it strange, used to 2 fronts to one rear roughly, but maybe a factory production issue or something

I will replace the front soon with another A41 but the back is still deeply treaded, next tyres will be the Michelin Road 5 trail. I really rated the RS tyres after 3 rears, in all weather and touring, these have the same pattern with the water stipes.

I have been able to edge both the front and the rear of these A41's so I cannot fault their grip, just a strange wear ratio

Front then rear

Attachments

• Front (1).jpg
    Front (1).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 2,572
  • Front (2).jpg
    Front (2).jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 2,436
After years of Michelins and Metzlers on sportsbike and 2 XR's, my 1250 GS came with the A41 Bridgestones

After previous experiences (not too good) with Bridgestone OE tyres I was a little disappointed when piking the bike up, but to be fair 3300 miles further on in all conditions and I have been very pleased with them

I'm glad the front wearing out before the back has been brought up on the forum as I thought it strange, used to 2 fronts to one rear roughly, but maybe a factory production issue or something

I will replace the front soon with another A41 but the back is still deeply treaded, next tyres will be the Michelin Road 5 trail. I really rated the RS tyres after 3 rears, in all weather and touring, these have the same pattern with the water stipes.

I have been able to edge both the front and the rear of these A41's so I cannot fault their grip, just a strange wear ratio

Front then rear

Though I'm not running them now I thought they were pretty good good too. More than adequate both in the dry and wet.

On the GSA LC, I have always found the front to wear before the rear regardless of tyre brand. On the CRF1000 Africa Twin the A41's. are great, but not tried on the GSA & was going to be my next tyre choice, but think I will research more thoroughly before deciding which tyres to get.

2 fronts to one rear is a new one on me, but happy as front is cheaper :D

I hated mine too. In the wet they felt terrible to me, and after the front end folding on the back roads near Oldmeldrum I changed them for the Michelin Road 5 Trails and the difference has been significant. Riding in the rain doesn't pucker my arsehole like it did before.

I had the A41 on my 2018 GSA, same thing that the rear wore out before the back ( strange ) personally i found them ok, i was going to buy a front as really cheap but my mate gets tyres cost so went with my all time favorites Conti TA2. picking a new GSA up on 1st September which is shod with the A41's. Not really a big issue i will use them and ditch them once ive put a few thou on them

Was unsure when had rear fitted, no choice all I could get in Spain, but more than happy with them now. So much so that on second set.

Regards Steve

I thought it was just me! Mine have squared off quite badly due to me having to do alot of motorways trips recently but even taking that into consideration I rode back from Portsmouth to Manchester the other night in torrential rain and I honestly thought the front was gonna tuck from under me.

It's odd there is such a swing of opinions, I wonder if where they are OE there is a difference in construction or place of manufacture ?

RBW.

They’re not great. Maybe because I’ve come from pure road tyres on a gs to these Bridgestones is why they feels so dramatically different. Dry use is ok at a sedate pace however they seriously fail for me in the wet. Even a simple roll on sedate overtake from say 50 to 70 induced wheel spin the other day! I’ll have to save some pennies and get them off. They’re not getting any better.

They came on my 1250, I've ridden with them in the wet on the twisties, quickly, no problem at all, quite impressed with them. Previously had Roadtecs on my XR which were brilliant but can't complain about the A41's

Back
Top Bottom