A wee winter project

Frame back from painters ,lump back in yokes and forks .Not a lot of parts out there .missed a brand new stator cover on fleabay silly man, anyway time to think of wheels tyres and sprockets ,original exhaust not great tried DEP etc to see if they had one ,was wondering if the DEP tl 125 system would fit .Any way plenty to ponder and research ,Jury still out on paintwork but will probably be original design.Any advice on the exhaust would be great .:beerjug:Aint no Mikey Boy Job but all clean and tidy

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 204
There addictive these wee Hondas ,look whats just arrived

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 196
I rode a Seeley Honda for a couple of years. Great bike in river beds and hill climbs, but struggled in the twisty stuff. Keep the tick over turned up a little to combat the dreaded 'Honda cough'

Same problem on mine.....

Tucked the headstock back 2 degrees, job sorted :)

Attachments

• CIMG0545.jpg
    CIMG0545.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 197
Wow thats stunning Majesty .So Trick looking love it .Feel a colour change coming on.:beerjug:.Talking of your headstock adjustment there is a TL 250 for sale on ebay at the moment and he has the forks the wrong way round .I take it this is to sort that problem

Wow thats stunning Majesty .So Trick looking love it .Feel a colour change coming on.:beerjug:.Talking of your headstock adjustment there is a TL 250 for sale on ebay at the moment and he has the forks the wrong way round .I take it this is to sort that problem

Yeah, it's probably an attempt, although it leaves the brake actuating arm in a vulnerable position though.

....and yet nothing has really changed it’s just taking a good guess at what will be in demand in 5, 10, or maybe even 20 years time, and then....and this is the hard bit....investing your hard earned cash!

I went to look at at one of them metallic blue airheads, the one with ‘boxer’ in big letters all the way across the tank. This guy had been wise, he had a huge new industrial barn full of all sorts but mostly Japanese two-strokes, they were his investment, but like all such investments, it takes brains, balls, money and luck!
I thought he’d been very smart.

To true sounds like he was on it at the right time .I was to interested in Beer and Dirty women to be smart .:beerjug:

Wee bikes getting there ,wheels back with new rubber ,made a boo boo and ordered gold rims instead of silver but think it will be ok. Sprocket kit with the spacer to use flat ones (originals are dished ),shocks, renthals (originals were bent) cables, bearings etc all new, home made heat shield (cant find a original one ) .Just the Tank to do its not in great shape and I ,m not to confident in its condition ,seat to cover then hopefully get a reg plate on it Yee Ha:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 91
Maiden voyage round the garden ,feels great gearings right down feels ready to climb ,Tank seems to be holding so time for paint me thinks, just waiting on the decals and a petcock and the skid pan from the welders ,nearly there and I,m well chuffed .

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 75
Maiden voyage round the garden ,feels great gearings right down feels ready to climb ,Tank seems to be holding so time for paint me thinks, just waiting on the decals and a petcock and the skid pan from the welders ,nearly there and I,m well chuffed .

thats lovely, don't want to swap for a Scorpa SY250 with the awesome yam TYZ motor I suppose :D

Back
Top Bottom