Chain adjustment when touring

He turned his nose up at a tin of Wurth sitting on the shelf at mine this morning :blast

I've been using it for years, probably on your recommendation, and it's good stuff .... but then Rick does pull young boys and eats doughnuts several times a day :D

:beerjug:

more like it............. :D

I use 80\90gearbox oil as per my airhead. Engine oil has detergent in it. Gearbox dont - I believe
I have a small holed "bottle" and drip it onto inside of each link joint about every 500 to 1k miles

Ive an 800 GS with 20k on the clock and only needed to make a chain adjustment when ive changed tyres. Not a bother to do and easily done on the road with the right size spanners. Don't give it a second thought, touring 3k will absolutely be fine.

I lube my chain about every 500km or when I see its in need, I clean it every 2-3k. I use the WD40 range and they do a little travel can too. First chain lasted 19k and to be honest it had plenty left I was just been over cautious with a big trip on the horizon, enjoy!

Purchase the best chain you are able to find,

and don't waste your money on a scottoiler.
I had one on my DR850 (yes) and all it did was stop the rear plastic numberplate rusting!
Did not appear to extend chain life.

and don't waste your money on a scottoiler.
I had one on my DR850 (yes) and all it did was stop the rear plastic numberplate rusting!
Did not appear to extend chain life.

You make a convincing case.................. :rolleyes:

Operator error, I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom