Dunlop Mutant Crossover Tyres

Steve Harley

Reaction score
I've been trying to find some real life reviews of the Dunlop Mutant Crossover tyre. Nothing but promotional guff, which of course walks the walk. I really like the look of them from an aesthetic point of view. Anyone had any experience of this tyre? And if so, opinions please.

I'm gonna give this a bump because I would like to know the same........

they look expensive compared to the competition, thats probably why.

Some German chat about these on their XR forum https://www.s1000-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19877
General Google (pidgeon) translation seems to be favourable but then I think most(all?) is from a user perspective not an indie test /comparison. Though I think most modern tyres tend to be found good enough these days for everyday use, with a lot of reports being subjective personal views based on perceived feel. That said I do have a want for these Dunlops and hope they are one of the brands return to form tyres (much like the D207GPs of old were in the sports roadbike segment) .

That said I do have a want for these Dunlops and hope they are one of the brands return to form tyres (much like the D207GPs of old were in the sports roadbike segment) .

Over ten years ago, I had a pair of D607 on my GS and they were great shit-to-a-blanket tyres in all conditions. If they're as good as they were, they'll do.

I have a set for the gsa, supplied from Dunlop to replace a pair of Meridians that had issues, they will probably stay in the garage loft until next year when the Continental TA 3's I had to buy to keep the bike on the road are worn out.
Unless of course Europe is locked down again then who knows when they will be fitted
I have used Dunlops for years mainly the Trailsmart and Trailsmart Max which were superb

I have a set for the gsa, supplied from Dunlop to replace a pair of Meridians that had issues, they will probably stay in the garage loft until next year when the Continental TA 3's I had to buy to keep the bike on the road are worn out.
Unless of course Europe is locked down again then who knows when they will be fitted
I have used Dunlops for years mainly the Trailsmart and Trailsmart Max which were superb

If you find that you need more space in the garage loft and the Mutants are in your way..........drop me a line!!!

(I also have TA3 on my Crosstourer at the moment.........super tyre)

Just done 2600 miles on a Alpine tour on a set of Mutants on my r1250gsa, okay set of tyres in the dry and reasonable in the wet but by god they are really unsettled if you hit any overbanding with both front and rear end stepping out .

They also do not like the lined striated surface on some northern German and Belgian motorways becoming very unsettled and causing a slight shimmy in the steering

Wear rates seem decent but on the results of this tour I would not get them again especially when they are one of the most expensive options available, the oe Michelins were better and they are no where near as good as TA 3 's or Metzeler Tourance Next tyres on my KTM 1090

Back
Top Bottom