Roadtec 01s

Maybe mine are a duff set then.. Think I'll try the Angel gt2 next

I doubt it - 5,000- 5,500 ish is about the range of the Roadtecs, I think.

If you are looking for more - I think you do need to revert to the tyres used previously.

Maybe mine are a duff set then.. Think I'll try the Angel gt2 next

I hated the Angel GT on the KTM maybe the 2s are better but I found them to be quite un communicative

I don't think I have ever managed more than 5K from any tyres TBH, they may have technically been legal etc but felt horrible beyond that

The Roadtec win every sprt touring test and I can't see beyond them although I am now on the SE which is the latest variant which are just brilliant AFAIAC

I’ve got Michelin road 5’s on my 2014RT. They are grand slightly better than the pr4’s I had on last :)

Tyres are a personal thing but I have never heard anyone describe Roadtec as noisy

I have a set on my 08 RT and the noise from the front is weird and loud.
Decent tyres, but the noise is off putting; I thought it was only something on mine as I've never seen it mentioned anywhere, so it's a little bit of a relief to hear someone else has the same issue!

Just changed my OE Michelin road 4gt for a 5gt after 5min of research and some half arsed dithering at the shop. The 4s were fine for 4k miles of mostly solo touring but somehow lost their will to grip between 4-5k miles like a lightswitch. Especially at the front where the sides have uneven wedgey formations between the blocks. You know what i mean. Rear looked ok still.

I ve never really had more than 6 or 7k miles on any touring tyre ever. On some non touring bikes like my old Vfr1200 or a Blackbird before it, I would hardly get a full weeks tour on a set. 2500 miles max. So the RT on 5k sets is all good.

I was between the 5gt and the Metzeler z8. Tyre fitter wanted to put the 5s (god knows what kickback they get), so thats what I ve got. First 200 miles are like night and day. Like a different bike, much better. Cant remember the 4gts being that good, but I can only memorably compare the worn 4 with the new 5, so its not fair.

I’ve got Roadtecs on my GS and they are far better than the Bridgestones they replaced. Better in every possible sense and I certainly don’t find them noisy. Far from it. But as someone else said, very personal thing tyres. One mans meat etc.

I wouldn't buy metzler if i was you as the garage will not fix if you get a puncture this is metzler policy so you pay £140 drive 5 miles get a puncture and have to buy a new one
spoke to metzler cutomer service today and its true so wont be buying them again

Just changed my OE Michelin road 4gt for a 5gt after 5min of research and some half arsed dithering at the shop. The 4s were fine for 4k miles of mostly solo touring but somehow lost their will to grip between 4-5k miles like a lightswitch. Especially at the front where the sides have uneven wedgey formations between the blocks. You know what i mean. Rear looked ok still.

I ve never really had more than 6 or 7k miles on any touring tyre ever. On some non touring bikes like my old Vfr1200 or a Blackbird before it, I would hardly get a full weeks tour on a set. 2500 miles max. So the RT on 5k sets is all good.

I was between the 5gt and the Metzeler z8. Tyre fitter wanted to put the 5s (god knows what kickback they get), so thats what I ve got. First 200 miles are like night and day. Like a different bike, much better. Cant remember the 4gts being that good, but I can only memorably compare the worn 4 with the new 5, so its not fair.

Always had 4GT on my 2014 RT, but the 1250 came with Z8s, which are still ok at 5k. After my first set of 4GTs cupped on the front, the Michelin Tech told me to run a couple of extra pounds in the front, so went to 38. Have run 38 since on the front of the RT and it has vastly improved the tendency to cup. Not sure what to put on next, thought about Road 01s and 5GTs, but the Z8s have been fine and they are a lot cheaper :)

I got 9,000 miles from Bridgestone Battlax tyres on my 2007 R1200RT. Mostly solo European trips with luggage. Mostly sedate-ish riding.

Back
Top Bottom