Music cutting out - XT

Nutty

Reaction score
I’ve noticed when playing music through the XT that it cuts out several times per song. Just for a split second, but enough to be annoying. A mate with an XT has also noticed the same.

It’s running the latest O/S and maps, but still happens.

Anyone else got the same issue?

Are you streaming it from a source like apple music or spotify ? or is it on an SD card in the XT ?

If you are streaming and you keep your phone out of view of the XT for EG phone in back pocket of jacket , this might be acting as a block between the XT and Phone. I am only mentioning this as I had a similar issue with the BMW nav6 and iPhone. no probs playing form a card in the nav but broken signal when streaming . Not familiar with the XT ( dont even know if you can stream )

Are you streaming it from a source like apple music or spotify ? or is it on an SD card in the XT ?

If you are streaming and you keep your phone out of view of the XT for EG phone in back pocket of jacket , this might be acting as a block between the XT and Phone. I am only mentioning this as I had a similar issue with the BMW nav6 and iPhone. no probs playing form a card in the nav but broken signal when streaming . Not familiar with the XT ( dont even know if you can stream )

Nope, not streaming. The music is downloaded on my phone in Apple Music, so it’s playing from the music library in my iPhone, which is mounted on the bars next to the XT.

That seems be a common fault, however I stream radio from an IPhone which is much better, so I suggest it’s BT issue between phones and TFT I am also sure most many of us stream music to other locations ie Bluetooth speakers which work perfectly. BMW need to sort the bloody TFT, the technology is out there.

That seems be a common fault, however I stream radio from an IPhone which is much better, so I suggest it’s BT issue between phones and TFT I am also sure most many of us stream music to other locations ie Bluetooth speakers which work perfectly. BMW need to sort the bloody TFT, the technology is out there.

I’m not going via the bikes TFT, as I just have the phone/ headset connected to the XT. With the phone connected directly to the headset, not via the XT, there are no issues, so it’s definitely an issue with the XT.

Nope, not streaming. The music is downloaded on my phone in Apple Music, so it’s playing from the music library in my iPhone, which is mounted on the bars next to the XT.

Try it with the phone in your pocket and see if it still occurs, it might possibly be the vibration from the bike affecting the electronics much like it damages front cameras.

Try it with the phone in your pocket and see if it still occurs, it might possibly be the vibration from the bike affecting the electronics much like it damages front cameras.

The phone is on an anti vibration mount, but I’ll give it a go.

Been using mine all week with no issues . But then phone is chucked in a pocket or pannier and not mounted on some unobtainium carbon impregnated plinth :)

Could be a handshake or willy waving issue

OEM willy waving does my head in ,

Its the stance that oem one has the best system ever, and it runs everything perfectly.

Oem two also has the same stance

so the two conflict with each other , but you cant use the better one, because the the other one wont allow it

so you end up with a pile of poo

The other one is that you could try the master servant connection method and see if it improves

Use the Nav as the Master and get it to initiate the connections with all devices ( servants) If you get no joy

Use the phone as the Master and get it to initiate the connections - so the other devices become servants

Back
Top Bottom