F850GS Sump guard recommendation

Richard2R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a Sump Guard/Bash Plate to replace the plastic one, any recommendations?

I've got the BMW aluminium one and while aesthetically more pleasing it's nowhere near as robust as the Rally Raid guard on my 310GS. Now that's a proper guard but it depends what you're after.
I have other sw-motech kit and have been generally impressed but not seen their guard yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If riding on hard surface only, I guess most extenders will do. On the other hand, once the path extends onto dirt-riding I would suggest to also replace the engine plastic bashplate.

Personally I use the 850 for both types of surface, and I went for the Wunderlich Engine protector, https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/bmw-f-series/f-850-gs/protection/crash-bar-protectors-engine-protection/wunderlich-engine-protection-extreme-m26840-301.html. The Wundelich protector also protects the engine headers, which will take a beating once the gravel road gets a bit rocky.
The Wundelich combination of Fender extender, Engine protection and Hugger to protect the rear shock will keep your bike well protected.

While the engine protector may be overkill for hard surface only, the front AND the rear protectors will do your bike good on any surface. The ESA shocks are expensive, and keeping the dirt from the rear away will be a good start for a longer life for the shock.

Thanks, ended up with the wunderlich front end and puig hugger.

Back
Top Bottom